Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dockable Windows Not Locked by LOCKUI

7 REPLIES 7
Message 1 of 8
Anonymous
572 Views, 7 Replies

Dockable Windows Not Locked by LOCKUI

I have set my dockable windows like Properties, Toolspace and Layer Properties Manager where I want them and have set LOCKUI to 15, but they still move if I happen to accidentally click on the wrong button in the ribbon that turns them off.  When they are turned back on they move to the bottom of their lineup on the side of the screen where they were originally docked, and according to the Help file, "locked in position." Is there another setting I'm missing that really really - not kidding this time - locks them in place??

When I get in my car I expect the gas and brake pedals to be in the exact same position they were the day before, because if they're not I'm going to waste a lot of time thinking about something I shouldn't have to think about.  Same goes for the Civil 3D user interface.  So far it's just wasting my time.

7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
qnologi
in reply to: Anonymous

Are you saving, or doing a save as, of your current "workspace"?

qnologi
Message 3 of 8
rkmcswain

Same behavior here. It does not matter if the workspace is purposely saved or not.

In fact, when I did save the workspace (with two anchored palettes), change to another one, and then change back, one of the two palettes vanished.

<roll eyes>

R.K. McSwain     | CADpanacea | on twitter
Message 4 of 8
rkmcswain

The toolspace itself is not even included in a saved workspace, or it's ignored when restoring one.

* Float it in the middle of the screen. 

* Save the workspace.

* Close the Toolspace.

* Change to 3D Modeling workspace

* Change back to Civil 3D workspace.

* No Toolspace....

In another strange twist, the Coordinate Tracker palette, simply stays put, in the same place, regardless of what workspace you switch to... as opposed to going away when you switch to a workspace where it was not saved...

(Tests run in C3D 2014 SP2 & C3D 2017)

Message 5 of 8
qnologi
in reply to: rkmcswain

I've locked all and when I hover over anything, I get the circle with the line through it saying you can't move it.

I unlocked all and I have no issue.

I have floating, non-floating and docked.

Sorry I couldn't help...

Civil 3D 2016 SP2

HP Win 7 Z400 64bit

qnologi
Message 6 of 8
Anonymous
in reply to: qnologi

Thanks for the reply.  Yes, my Workspace Settings is set to automatically save workspace changes. See below:

Workspace Settings.png

Message 7 of 8
rkmcswain
in reply to: qnologi

@qnologi -- I believe this is what @Anonymous is talking about. Note that LOCKUI = 15 at the start.

The Properties palette moves from the TOP anchor position, to the BOTTOM anchor position, when closed and reopened.

proplock.gif

Message 8 of 8
Anonymous
in reply to: rkmcswain

Exactly!  Nice demo.  And as you pointed out earlier, Toolspace goes away when you change workspace, which I need to do at times to do a Map Import.  So when I get back to Civil 3D workspace Toolspace is gone.  That alone would not be so bad, if all I had to do was turn it back on.  But no, when it is turned on it shows up at the bottom of the docked window "queue" and I have to unlock all, undock my windows, then dock them back in the original order.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report