Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PRJ file is not created upon mapexport command

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
nperrus
7002 Views, 4 Replies

PRJ file is not created upon mapexport command

Using Civil 3D 2014, when I use the mapexport command only 4 files are created (DBF, IDX, SHP, and SHX).  There used to be a 5th file (PRJ) but for some reason it isn't created with the rest of them.  Please help, my client needs the PRJ file too.

Tags (2)
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
Wilbers2013
in reply to: nperrus

Maybe this will be of help

http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/autocad-map-3d-general/mapexport-does-not-make-the-prj-file-while-mape...

Willie Wilbers
AutoCAD & Civil 3D 2014
ArcGIS 10.1
Message 3 of 5
nperrus
in reply to: Wilbers2013

I looked at that thread and it did not help.

It seems that when using a County Coordinate System like in Minnesota or Wisconsin it won't work but if I use UTM or State Plane it works fine.

Message 4 of 5
antoniovinci
in reply to: nperrus

nperrus wrote:

It seems that when using a County Coordinate System like in Minnesota or Wisconsin it won't work but if I use UTM or State Plane it works fine.

If your County CRS doesn't belong to any EPSG codes, you won't get a .PRJ exported file, sir.

Instead, if you create a custom coordinate reference system, you will _mapexport a working PRJ one.

Message 5 of 5
gparadoski
in reply to: antoniovinci

This worked.  When I stopped using the WI county coordinate system and started using the WI state plane coordinate system then it generated a PRJ file and imported into ArcGIS at the correct coordinates.  Thanks!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report