Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Civil 3d 2016 Install

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
Anonymous
444 Views, 2 Replies

Civil 3d 2016 Install

Hello all,

We had a new hire that we are putting Civil 2016 on his machine.  We currently run 2015 but are all going to upgrade.  I downloaded the software from the internet and then ran the install after download as i always do.  The install seems fine, everything loads, Civil 3d seems to work just fine.  The problem occurs if Civil 3d is running or not, the computer glitches for 10 seconds every minute or less.  If i uninstall civil the computer works fine.  

I work for a large company and the IT department is no help, they say it's on our end and to call autodesk.  The problem is, we never had any of these issues till they upgraded the company security software.  I believe we started running McAfee a few weeks ago prior to all this hassle.  Which explains why suddenly my GEO maps cannot load (the internet connection timed out or the map server is not responding).

I have read places that you should disable all security programs when installing.  Is this my issue?  do you think i need to uninstall and re-install and tell IT to temporarly turn off all security? The IT dept says there is a process running that is causing the glitch...

Any help here would be great!! Thanks

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
tcorey
in reply to: Anonymous

Standalone or network version?

Tim Corey
MicroCAD Training and Consulting, Inc.
Redding, CA
Autodesk Gold Reseller

New knowledge is the most valuable commodity on earth. -- Kurt Vonnegut
Message 3 of 3
Anonymous
in reply to: tcorey

Standalone

I actually found what was happening.. now I need to see if downloading the Microsoft SQL Server Compact 3.5 Service Pack 2 for Windows Desktop will work.

As we were deleting each application in programs manager I noticed that everything worked after I uninstalled the Autodesk content service. After some researching (googling) I found that downloading this Microsoft service pack might work.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report