Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

3d

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
Anonymous
196 Views, 3 Replies

3d

hello. i wanted tou create a solid form from specific points .i did by iserting the points into the programm with cvs file as a surface and ithouthg tha i was doing oit ok.in my computer its everything ok but when i send the fire (dwg)they see only points. some days know i try to do the commant for 3d prin but it doesent recognize it as a solid object.itried some soloution such us thiken,surfsculp,convtosolid or, convoto3dsolid but always fails .i trying for weaks and i dont now the programm very well and i must be ready for th unversity please help

thank you

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
BrianHailey
in reply to: Anonymous

Welcome to the forums!

If you are using Civil 3D 2015, you'll need to download and install Productivity Pack 1.

If you are using Civil 3D 2016, the command "Extract Solids from Surface" can be found by selecting the surface and then expanding out "Extract from Surface" on the "Surface Tools" panel.

If you are using something older then Civil 3D 2015 with Productivity Pack 1, you can try following THESE instructions.

Brian J. Hailey, P.E.

GEI Consultants
My Civil 3D Blog

Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
in reply to: BrianHailey

thank you so much for your reply but the problem is tha im using th 2014 version .could you please inform me if there is a solution ???????

Message 4 of 4
troma
in reply to: Anonymous

Did you read the second part of the link that Brian posted?
It shows the method there for earlier versions.

Mark Green

Working on Civil 3D in Canada

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report