Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Subassembly attachment point through corridor transition

6 REPLIES 6
SOLVED
Message 1 of 7
Anonymous
1297 Views, 6 Replies

Subassembly attachment point through corridor transition

I appologize for my ignorance in advance as I am still pretty green when it comes to transitions in corridors.  We have done mostly new subdivisions and all have been normal crowned streets.  Well, we are constructing a new street in the middle of town and i'm having to tie into an existing road on a slope.  

The problem I am having is that I'm using feature lines as targets to transition my lane slope on both sides of the road, (which worked fine), but my daylight/grading subassembly is not following the attachment/hinge point on the back of the curb.  It seems to just be static in relation to the crown of my corridor.  So as the curb elevates the daylight attachment point moves further down the back of the curb, and as the curb loses elevation, the attachement point moves up above the curb etc.  I have been searching the forums for over an hour and cannot find a solution.  I'm sure it's something simple that I am doing wrong.

I have attached an image of the daylight issuesectionl.png

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
doni49
in reply to: Anonymous

Can you post a dwg file for us to look at?

Don Ireland
Engineering Design Technician

If a reply solves your issue, please remember to click on "Accept as Solution". This will help other users looking to solve a similar issue. Thank you.

Please do not send a PM asking for assistance. That's what the forums are for. This allows everyone to benefit from the question asked and the answers given.

Message 3 of 7
doni49
in reply to: doni49

After posting, I noticed was your first post -- welcome to the forums! 

Don Ireland
Engineering Design Technician

If a reply solves your issue, please remember to click on "Accept as Solution". This will help other users looking to solve a similar issue. Thank you.

Please do not send a PM asking for assistance. That's what the forums are for. This allows everyone to benefit from the question asked and the answers given.

Message 4 of 7
joantopo

Do you refer about surface corridor SECTION? 

Overhang Correction

Specifies whether an overhang is to be corrected when rendered, and whether it is to be corrected following the top links or bottom links.

Autocad C3D 2019 SP3, 2020 & 2021
Intel I9 9900K with frontal watercooler alphacool eisbaer 360 (original fans mounted in pull)- 3 fans Corsair 120 ML PRO in push.
MOBO Gygabyte Z390 Aorus Master- Corsair RGB Vengeance 64GB RAM (4x16) CL16
Nvidia Quadro RTX 4000
Samsung 970 EVO PLUS 1TB (unit C). Samsung 970 PRO 512GB (for data)
Power Supply: Corsair TX850M PLUS

Descubre mi programa VisorNET para Civil 3D:
https://apps.autodesk.com/CIV3D/es/Detail/Index?id=appstore.exchange.autodesk.com%3avisornet_windows32and64%3aes
Message 5 of 7
sboon

One of the common new user mistakes is moving subassemblies around without making certain that they're connected properly.  You cannot just use the ACAD move command or grip edits subassemblies.  Instead you should select a sub, right-click and use the Move command that appears on the shortcut menu.  These commands in the shortcut menu are specific to assembly editing, they help you to ensure that subs are attached to each other.

To fix your assembly you should move the daylight subs to any random attachment point on the assembly, then move them back to the correct location, ensuring that they attach to the back of curb points.

Steve
Please use the Accept as Solution or Kudo buttons when appropriate

Steve
Expert Elite Alumnus
Message 6 of 7
Anonymous
in reply to: doni49

Don:

Thank You!  I frequent them quite often, just never made an account.  

Message 7 of 7
Anonymous
in reply to: sboon

Steve:

That was the issue!  I never use the move command, but I do grip edit frequently.  I have been using civil 3d for 7 years, but only have had to use corridors a handful of times.  Thank you very much for the help sir!

Josh

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report