Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't add labels to Profile View Crossings

5 REPLIES 5
SOLVED
Message 1 of 6
antonioygeo
923 Views, 5 Replies

Can't add labels to Profile View Crossings

Hello, I've been trying to add some crossing profiles to my profile views.

As you can see in the photo, when I create a profile crossing, i can see the Profile View Crossing Object and its marker, but I can't see its label.

Any ideas?

I'm using Civil 3d 2020.

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
wfberry
in reply to: antonioygeo

Hopefully, this will get you started (By Jeff Bartels)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RGvJlQjZeYA

Bill

Message 3 of 6
antonioygeo

Thanks for the answer.

I have done everything that Jeff Bartels says on the video, but I still can't see the label. The visibility is set on True and i still can't see it.

If no one has the same issue, I guess there is some variable hidden, or is it a known problem with Civil3d 2020? I am really confused.

Message 4 of 6
antonioygeo

Any answer anyone?

Message 5 of 6
wfberry

Post your drawing.

Bill

Message 6 of 6
antonioygeo

Ok, thanks a lot Bill for the help.

I managed to find the problem and I will try to explain it in case someone faces the same problem.

I usually work with the templates that we have created in our company. So I created a new blank DWG and I noticed that the crossing label was visible and I figured it must be some settings that make the label not visible in our templates.

I then used displayconfig-->Drawing Defaults-->Plan-->Display Representation Control, went all over to ProfileView Crossing Objects and I made sure that it was ticked (set to visible). 

Then, in the same menu, I went to Crossing Profile Label and made sure that it was also visible and that solved my problem.

Screenshot_2.png

I never made changes to these settings, so I guess if your templates are older than 2019, they are automatically unticked and you have to make sure they are visible. 

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report