Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GeographicLocation, you do not have permission to access Online Map Data

5 REPLIES 5
SOLVED
Message 1 of 6
Anonymous
3400 Views, 5 Replies

GeographicLocation, you do not have permission to access Online Map Data

Hello, I've been using Civil 3D for a while now. I've been trying to insert a map via Geographic Location tool as I've done before. However, I've encountered an error saying that I do not have permission to access Online Map Data. I've been trying to troubleshoot this as per here, however it's not been useful. I've tried the steps, including updating A360 which broke my AutoCAD, leading me to reinstall, and thus I've had to try reinstalling as well.

Has anyone here encountered this issue? Could you help me understand what it is and perhaps how to resolve it?

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
tcorey
in reply to: Anonymous

A common reason for this error is after a Maintenance Plan has expired. The perpetual license tied to the expired contract will continue to be operable, but you will lose the benefit of Online Maps.

Tim Corey
MicroCAD Training and Consulting, Inc.
Redding, CA
Autodesk Gold Reseller

New knowledge is the most valuable commodity on earth. -- Kurt Vonnegut
Message 3 of 6
autoMick

I had this too quite a while ago... I might be wrong, but I seem to remember this was associated with the Autodesk Desktop App, which required an uninstall and reinstall.

Cheers

Mick

Civil3d user in Australia since 2012.
Message 4 of 6
autoMick

Actually I think it was this now I come to think of it:

https://knowledge.autodesk.com/support/autocad/downloads/caas/downloads/content/autodesk-C2-AE-autoc...

Regards

Mick

Civil3d user in Australia since 2012.
Message 5 of 6
Anonymous

Firstly, thank you everyone for commenting. Shamefully, I had forgotten that I had even set this thread up.

My employer had the chance to contact a local representative of Autodesk. He recommended we test with trial version, since we were on an education account at the time. Turns out, Geolocation permit is an issue only for educational versions of Autocad - at least in my case, installation, etc.

Message 6 of 6
moethant2014

I also have the same problem. Let me clear again. When I used the student account, I don't have right to access online map data.Is that true?no permission online map.PNG

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report