Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

C3D 2021 - Viewport lock does not appear in the Right Click Menu anymore

45 REPLIES 45
Message 1 of 46
Anonymous
3601 Views, 45 Replies

C3D 2021 - Viewport lock does not appear in the Right Click Menu anymore

Any idea why the viewport lock does not show up in my right click menu anymore? It was there, and then one day it was not. I am not sure why.

We have upgraded 3 seats to C3D 2021 and all 3 have the same issue. The 2020 seats still have the viewport controls in the right click menu. I have been using 2021 for a month now and i think it was fine. I just noticed this happened. The other 2 seats were upgraded to 2021 within the last 2 weeks. Both were for new hires that would not have noticed anything different. 

Pickfirst is set to 1.

I am only clicking on the single viewport. No multiply selections.

Options - User Preferences - "Shortcut menus in drawing area" is checked.

45 REPLIES 45
Message 41 of 46
DentonYoder
in reply to: Anonymous

I was so happy when AutoCAD 11 added paperspace. (or tilemode)  Before that we had to fake multiple scales.  You would insert your border at your most common scale, and scale up or scale down pieces to make alternate scales.  It was a real PITA.  Then I think it was R13 that added multiple paperspaces... If only the computers at that time could keep up.  On Computer vision CADDS 4x, we were doing "Draw mode" "Model Mode" for several years before AutoCAD added paper space, so our company jumped on it with Release 11.

Message 42 of 46
hencoop

@DentonYoder  I read that AutoCAD has added floating Windows in 2022.  MicroStation had those from its inception in the 80's.

In 1990 I crashed our i486 PC after 3.5 hours of AutoCAD trying to generate a TIN for a landfill closure site.  After that we bought MicroStation just for that one job (the company had committed to AutoCAD and that was final).  In under four minutes we had a TIN from the exact same data on the exact same machine.

AutoCAD has improved greatly over the years.

AutoCAD User since 1989. Civil Engineering Professional since 1983
Product Ver.: 13.6.1781.0 Civil 3D 2024.3 Update
Built On:        U.152.0.0 AutoCAD 2024.1.2
                        27.0.37.14 Autodesk AutoCAD Map 3D 2024.0.1
                        8.6.52.0 AutoCAD Architecture 2024
Message 43 of 46
joschmidt2

You can copy the Viewport Objects Menu & Viewport Object Menu into your Shortcut Menus in your workspace or to the main Civil CUI and they will again appear when you right-click on a highlighted viewport.  It threw me for a loop also, not sure why it was removed.

Message 44 of 46
ptatohed
in reply to: hencoop

Post 27 is exactly what I need to visualize what needs to be done. Got it now! Thanks @hencoop!
Message 45 of 46
gbohn

i added the following and works great.

edit your .cui file  [type cui at command line]

right click the "Shortcut Menus" and click "New Shortcut Menu"

name it "Viewport Object Menu"

in the pane to the right, edit the Aliasses, leave the "POP###" alone, type on next line OBJECT_VIEWPORT

it should look like "POP###. OBJECT_VIEWPORT"  when you are done

on the left pane, expand the Viewport Object Menu, and add your commands from the Command List on the bottom left pane.

follow the same steps above and create (or copy/paste) a "New Shortcut Menu"  name it "Viewport Objects Menu" and add commands accordingly.

Message 46 of 46
rgibson1VFGS3
in reply to: Jeff_M

Thank you, this fix worked for C3D2022 as well.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report