Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

C3D 2021 - Viewport lock does not appear in the Right Click Menu anymore

45 REPLIES 45
Message 1 of 46
Anonymous
3892 Views, 45 Replies

C3D 2021 - Viewport lock does not appear in the Right Click Menu anymore

Any idea why the viewport lock does not show up in my right click menu anymore? It was there, and then one day it was not. I am not sure why.

We have upgraded 3 seats to C3D 2021 and all 3 have the same issue. The 2020 seats still have the viewport controls in the right click menu. I have been using 2021 for a month now and i think it was fine. I just noticed this happened. The other 2 seats were upgraded to 2021 within the last 2 weeks. Both were for new hires that would not have noticed anything different. 

Pickfirst is set to 1.

I am only clicking on the single viewport. No multiply selections.

Options - User Preferences - "Shortcut menus in drawing area" is checked.

45 REPLIES 45
Message 2 of 46
rkmcswain
in reply to: Anonymous

Here is my C3D 2020 shortcut menu, with a viewport selected.

rkmcswain_0-1592484125472.png

Here is my C3D 2021 shortcut menu, with a viewport selected.

rkmcswain_1-1592484214077.png

In both versions PICKFIRST=1 and SHORTCUTMENU=15

2021 is a fresh install, and AFAIK, the 2020 has not been modified.

Does this match what you're seeing @Anonymous ?

R.K. McSwain     | CADpanacea | on twitter
Message 3 of 46
Anonymous
in reply to: rkmcswain

Yes. I have the same shortcut menu on 2021. See below. 2020 was like yours also. I did not have as many options as you in 2020 though.

wweathers_0-1592484614945.png

Message 4 of 46
rkmcswain

@Anonymous  - it feels like it's ignoring PICKFIRST. I get the same options if PICKFIRST = 0.

Message 5 of 46
Anonymous

Same here. I tried PICKFIRST to 0 and got the same thing.

Message 6 of 46
AllenJessup

That's what I see too. Most inconvenient.

Allen Jessup
CAD Manager - Designer
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 7 of 46
wfberry
in reply to: AllenJessup

It is still in the Properties box.

Bill

Message 8 of 46
Anonymous
in reply to: wfberry

@wfberry  - yes it is there in the Properties. See pic. Thanks.

wweathers_0-1592492025882.png

Message 9 of 46
wfberry

Perhaps a miscommunication.

Yes it is in the Properties box.

Message 10 of 46
AllenJessup

Bill,

Yes it's still there. But using that instead of the Rt-Clk menu requires a change in workflow plus, possibly, having to open the properties palette.

Allen

Allen Jessup
CAD Manager - Designer
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 11 of 46
wfberry

Allen:

My Properties is always open.  I have never experienced a problem with the Properties opened at all times.

Bill

Message 12 of 46
AllenJessup

Bill,

Me too. But others don't keep it open. Some do have issues leaving it open.

Allen

Allen Jessup
CAD Manager - Designer

EESignature

Message 13 of 46

Something curious

- in 2019 I get the viewport options on the right click menu.

- in 2020 I get the viewport options on the right click menu.

- in 2021 I do not get the viewport options on the right click menu.

Checking the CUIS, 2019, 2020 and 2021 are set up the same with a main cui and a partial cui

The partial cui contains the shortcut menus for the viewports, while the main cuis do not any shortcut menus for viewports.

I have attached images of the setup for 2020 and 2021 showing the partial cuis with the viewport shortcut menus.

It looks like 2021 is not showing the shortcut menus from the paprtial cuis like 2020 and 2019 did.

If a post provides a fix for your issue, click on "Accept as Solution" to help other users find solutions to problems they might have that are similar to yours.

Andrew Puller
Maitland, NSW, Australia
Windows 10 Enterprise 64bit
Intel core i7 11800 @ 2.30 GHz with 32GB Ram
Civil 3d 2023
Message 14 of 46

@andrewpuller3811  - in 2019 and 2020, set PICKFIRST = 0 - this is how 2021 is acting, even with PICKFIRST = 1

Message 15 of 46
AllenJessup

I'm having problems in 2021 with the right click in general. But im may have to do with my computer or graphics drivers. I select an object and rt-clk. The standard rt-clk menu shows and I move the cursor over the menu then it disappears. I rt-clk again and don't get the menu for that object.

It looks like the object is still selected because the Grips show. But the object is no longer selected for editing. I have selection highlighting on and the object is no longer highlighted. Strangely the grips stay and can still be selected and used.

Also if I select an object an select Cut or Copy on the rt-clk menu. The object is deselected and I have to re-select it.

Allen Jessup
CAD Manager - Designer

EESignature

Message 16 of 46
Jeff_M

You can get the rt. click functionality back in 2021 by copying the Viewport shortcut menu from the ACAD partial menu to the C3D menu in the CUI. I know, it should be found automatically as in past releases. But, since it's not this is a way to force it to work.

Jeff_M, also a frequent Swamper
EESignature
Message 17 of 46
Anonymous
in reply to: Jeff_M

@rkmcswain @AllenJessup 

So this is just a 2021 issue? Any chance they will fix it with a new update? I do not think I want to start fooling around with the CUI. I might just have to live with it.

Message 18 of 46
AllenJessup

@Anonymous 

I've only seen it in 2021. Strange thing is that I've learned that my problems other than the missing VPort options can be solved by minimizing the program window and restoring it. I've seen that help with a few graphic issues.

Allen Jessup
CAD Manager - Designer

EESignature

Message 19 of 46
neilyj666

I have the Quick Properties enabled which works for me on many objects where I need to change properties on the fly

neilyj (No connection with Autodesk other than using the products in the real world)

EESignature

AEC Collection 2024 UKIE (mainly Civil 3D UKIE and IW)
Win 11 Pro x64, 1Tb Primary SSD, 1Tb Secondary SSD
64Gb RAM Intel(R) Xeon(R) W-11855M CPU @ 3.2GHz
NVIDIA RTX A5000 16Gb, Dual 27" Monitor, Dell Inspiron 7760
Message 20 of 46
mbaldwin

Crazy ridiculous that its gone. Little lock thing in the bottom right you can use, but don't know why they would have changed that .

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report