Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

3DPoly

11 REPLIES 11
SOLVED
Message 1 of 12
Anonymous
833 Views, 11 Replies

3DPoly

Good morning everyone, I'm going to take advantage today to get a question that we can not solve. Creating a 3DPoly, how do I get the area ?? I've tried every way, even creating a surface. When I create a surface, the external points are not respected.

11 REPLIES 11
Message 2 of 12
chriscowgill7373
in reply to: Anonymous

what about making a copy of the 3d poly, then converting the copy to 2d and getting the area property?

Christopher T. Cowgill, P.E.

AutoCAD Certified Professional
Civil 3D Certified Professional
Civil 3D 2022 on Windows 10

Please select the Accept as Solution button if my post solves your issue or answers your question.

Message 3 of 12
rkmcswain

To expand on the reply from @chriscowgill7373 - this little bit of code will end with the 2D polyline selected, so you can see the area in PROPERTIES.

Then just press the DEL key to erase it.

(defun c:foo ( / sel ent)
  (setq sel (entsel))
  (setq ent (car sel))
  (vl-cmdf "._copy" ent "" "" "")
  (vl-cmdf "convert3dpolys" "_L" "")
  (sssetfirst nil (ssadd (entlast)))
)
R.K. McSwain     | CADpanacea | on twitter
Message 4 of 12
Jeew-m

Dear Friend,

What do you mean by 'external points are not respected'. Usually if you create a Civil 3D surface you can get both 3d and 2d surface area.

Thanks

Jeewana Meegahage
Design Engineer
Autodesk Civil 3D Tutorials
Facebook | YouTube | LinkedIn

Message 5 of 12
wfberry

Change it to a Feature Line and check properties.

Bill

As always several ways in C3D.

Message 6 of 12
ajpancha

Greetings to all, if the pol 3D is closed, you could apply shading and see in the properties of shading the area that occupies that space, I leave a reference img:

1.jpg

I hope it can be useful ...

Atte.

ESPAÑOL

Saludos a todos, si la pol 3D es cerrada, podrías aplicar sombreado y ver en las propiedades del sombreado el area que ocupa dicho espacio, te dejo una img de referencia:

Espero que pueda ser de utilidad...

Atte.

> > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > >
PD:
Si la info es de tu interés, dale manitos arriba (KUDO)...
Si la info da solución a tu inquietud, o es conocimiento nuevo para poderlo aplicar en el futuro, acéptalo como SOLUCIÓN...

TU ACEPTACIÓN O APOYO EN CUALQUIERA DE LAS 2 FORMAS, ES EL INCENTIVO PARA PODER SEGUIR APORTANDO CON LO MUCHO O POCO QUE SEPAMOS DE ESTE GRAN SOFTWARE PARA EL BIEN DE TODA LA COMUNIDAD...

Felices festividades de Carnaval y feriado...

ALEJANDRO PANCHANA (Guayaquil-Ecuador)
Facebook | Twitter | Screencast

Message 7 of 12
peterfunkautodesk

Another way would be to "FLATTEN" the 3D Polyline, "LIST" and then UNDO the FLATTEN. As with all the above solutions this is more of a work around  because AutoCAD won't calculate the area on a non planer 3D Polyline.

Cheers,

Peter Funk

Autodesk, Inc.

Peter Funk
Autodesk, Inc.

Message 8 of 12
Anonymous
in reply to: peterfunkautodesk

Thank you very much, I was looking for a solution a long time ago. Everyone said that the 3D civilian did not do that, I refused to believe it, and you proved that it does.

Message 9 of 12
Anonymous
in reply to: ajpancha

But there is no way to do 3D shading. The civil CAD does not accept.

Message 10 of 12
rkmcswain

Posts 2, 3, 5, 6, & 7 all contains suitable workarounds.

If you want the fastest way, take a look at #3 😉

Message 11 of 12
rkmcswain

thiagoppaganini wrote:

But there is no way to do 3D shading. The civil CAD does not accept.

He/She means to apply a HATCH pattern to the 3D object. The HATCH object will be 2D and have an area.

Message 12 of 12
ajpancha

Greetings to all again, @rkmcswain a thousand apologies for not introducing me, my name is Alejandro of the Spanish community ...

And as indicated by the partner @rkmcswain, it is possible to apply a hatch to a 3D object, just keep in mind that the 3D pol closed this view in plan and the hatch can be applied and after that see the properties in the area Of said hatch ...

I indicated that if it works since I did the test and so attach the image in my previous comment by way of example ...

I am sure that the response day was a success for the whole community, I would have loved to contribute with a grain of sand but due to my work schedule I could not be connected for a long time, congratulations to the whole team of this great event of the day Of resp ...

Have a nice day...

Atte.

ESPAÑOL

Saludos a todos nuevamente, mil disculpas por no haberme presentado, mi nombre es Alejandro de la comunidad en Español...

Y como lo indica el compañero @rkm, es posible aplicar un hatch a un objeto 3D, solo hay que tener en cuenta que la pol 3D este cerrada vista en planta y el hatch se podra aplicar y despues de ello ver en las propiedades el area de dicho hatch...

Te indico que si funciona ya que hice la prueba y por eso adjunte la imagen en mi comentario anterior a manera de ejemplo...

Estoy seguro que el dia de respuesta fue un exito para toda la comunidad, me hubiera encantado aportar con un granito de arena pero por cuestiones de mi horario laboral no pude estar conectado mucho tiempo, muchas felicidades a todo el equipo de este gran evento del dia de respueta...

Que tengan un buen dia...

Atte.

> > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > >
PD:
Si la info es de tu interés, dale manitos arriba (KUDO)...
Si la info da solución a tu inquietud, o es conocimiento nuevo para poderlo aplicar en el futuro, acéptalo como SOLUCIÓN...

TU ACEPTACIÓN O APOYO EN CUALQUIERA DE LAS 2 FORMAS, ES EL INCENTIVO PARA PODER SEGUIR APORTANDO CON LO MUCHO O POCO QUE SEPAMOS DE ESTE GRAN SOFTWARE PARA EL BIEN DE TODA LA COMUNIDAD...

Felices festividades de Carnaval y feriado...

ALEJANDRO PANCHANA (Guayaquil-Ecuador)
Facebook | Twitter | Screencast

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report