Community
Civil 3D Customization
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D Customization topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pressure pipe solid3d

7 REPLIES 7
Message 1 of 8
eirij
1779 Views, 7 Replies

Pressure pipe solid3d

Hi,

How can I get the solid3d body of the PressurePipe or PressureFitting? 

Best Regards,

ME

7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
tmachado
in reply to: eirij

Hi @eirij , do you want to convert a pressure network into a 3D solid?

Hope this will help!

Was this answer helpful? If so, please click the ACCEPT AS SOLUTION or the LIKES button

Tatiana Machado
BIM Manager/ Autodesk Certified Instructor
Blog | Twitter | LinkedIn
InfraWorks Ambassador

Message 3 of 8
tmachado
in reply to: tmachado

@eirij , if that is the case you can convert your C3D pressure network or pipe Network to solid using this command CONVERTTO3DSOLIDS, you will need to be in an isometric view and then call the command.

Hope this will help!

Was this answer helpful? If so, please click the ACCEPT AS SOLUTION or the LIKES button

Tatiana Machado
InfraWorks Ambassador

Message 4 of 8
eirij

Hi @tmachado,

Thank you for your reply.  The problem is that I would like to get the solids from the API, read the 3D information along with pressure pipe network information and that's all. However,  the solids from CONVERTTO3DSOLIDS doesn't contain the information about the pressure pipe network or you can say solids are without any properties. Where the classes Structure & Pipe contains  Solid3dbody information.

So Is there any other way to get the solid3d bodies of the PressurePipe or PressureFitting?

Best Regards,

Muhammad Eirij

Message 5 of 8
tmachado

Hi @eirij , unfortunately no, what do you need this for?

Sadly you will need to convert your network in a solid and then add the data as  property set data 

Hope this will help!

Tatiana Machado
InfraWorks Ambassador

Message 6 of 8
eirij

Hi @tmachado ,

Actually, I am working on Autodesk's external project for German country kit. Where I need 3D information along with some civil object properties. 

Best Regards,

Muhammad Eirij

Message 7 of 8
tmachado

Cool, I have my own issues with property sets, you can't reach any C3D properties through wish is a problem, then you can assign property set to any ACAD object that exists but it is no way to get that information on a label or text if it is not associated to a C3D object

Hope this will help!

Tatiana Machado
InfraWorks Ambassador

Message 8 of 8
eirij

With an update in Civil3D 2021.2, there is an update in PressurePipe API. Now there is a function available to get the solid body of a PressurePart. 😊

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report