Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Vault Project Sync - Automatically create linked files (IAM)

Vault Project Sync - Automatically create linked files (IAM)

Hi All,

When using Vault Project Sync to upload Inventor IAM files to BIM360 Docs, they do not upload as linked files. This makes them not viewable in the BIM360 Preview.

It would be great if Vault Project Sync could detect the existing Inventor IAM file relationship and automatically upload to BIM360 Docs as a Linked File - making Inventor IAM's automatically viewable in BIM360 Preview.

🙂

7 Comments
YounesYammouri
Community Manager
Status changed to: Gathering Support

Hi Jordan,

As of know BIM 360 Docs does not support Inventor iam, hence doesn't make sense to push Inventor Assemblies to BIM 360 Docs through Vault Project Sync. Once BIM 360 Docs supports Inventor Assemblies (incl. Desktop Connector support for Inventor Assemblies), Vault Project Sync will automatically support this.

Younes

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks Younes, 

The only reason I asked, is because the JobProcessor/Desktop connector after an update, sent all my Inventor files to BIM360 Docs.

I'm fairly sure it didn't used to. I guess now I will have to apply filters on my Project Sync schedule to exclude inventor IAM's/IPT's.

Kind regards

Rob J

RobJordan
Contributor

Hi Younes,

We now know a few customers that would really like/need to see this happen.

Seems such a logical file type to support, as when you upload linked IAM files manually they do actually work. So why not with Project Sync?

Kind regards 

Rob J

YounesYammouri
Community Manager

Hi Rob,

are you able to upload an Inventor assembly with deep structure (several level sub-assemblies and parts) to BIM 360 and get all the data uploaded properly?

Were you able using another machine download the assembly and open it properly in Inventor?

Note: Project Sync is not preventing from pushing Inventor files from Vault to BIM 360. As of now it is not supported because the end-to-end workflow need to work properly (w/o losing or missing references) for all use cases.

Thanks in Advance

Best regards

Younes

nivaldo.curcio
Enthusiast

Any idea of timeframe? Roadmap for this action to happen?

RobJordan
Contributor

Thank you for getting back to me Younes, I know that IAM files are not fully supported yet. Smiley Sad

But if my idea was to be implemented, that means that IAM's would become supported.  2 ideas in one Smiley Wink

kent_wold
Enthusiast

I too am looking for IAM support in BIM360.. we need a tool like this here.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Submit Idea  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report