Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Trigger the 'Image Crop' tool for all fields in titleblock setup

Trigger the 'Image Crop' tool for all fields in titleblock setup

I am logging this on behalf of the customer. 

The customer wants to have the image crop tool available for all fields within the titleblock setup. I have explained that this is currently by design - the 'name' field is not a field within the document, but rather the name of the titleblock template and therefore the image crop tool isn't required. However, I am giving the customer an opportunity to add any additional comments they'd like to add in order to further clarify if this isn't exactly what they are requesting. 

Customer verbatim:

1. During PDF upload, Image Crop box doesn't initiate for "Name*" but it does for "Number*" and "Title". Title may be used as an alternative but isn't the right metadata to use in this situation. Also because "Name*" is mandatory field, user needs to enter arbitrary text to by pass. What's worse is that you can't rename the sheet after the fact.
2. To make it even worse, user-input override for "Name*" field is replaced by "Sheet Number*".
3. Only to find out that on the next upload, the name for user entry which is NOT visible from BIM 360 list view is actually existing and can't reuse the name. 

Thank you, 

Scott 

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Submit Idea  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report