Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Model Coordination Issues

Model Coordination Issues

When an Issue is created in Model Coordination, the View of the clash is saved along with a screenshot. Later, when the Issue is opened from the Assigned or Closed tabs from Model Coordination, it will open the viewer with both models loaded, the view centered on the clash, and the clashing elements colored in Red and Green. Herein, this view will be named "Clash View".

However, if the same Issue is opened from Document Management, there is only a URL under "Linked document" that will open the viewer for the Primary model from the clash (see attached image).

Ideally, whether viewing the Issues in Docs or MC, it would be helpful if there was a direct link to the "Clash View", so that any other users (with BIM Collaborate Pro license / active Model Coordination service of course) could access the Clash View directly from Docs. This is a more fluid workflow than doesn't require switching to Model Coordination first.

A viable workaround is to copy the URL from the "Clash View" and paste it in the Description or as a Comment to the Issue, but this requires extra steps after the Issue is created and doesn't look as nice as a Hyperlink (see attached image).

Another minor improvement could be to allow multiple "Linked documents", so that each model could be accessed separately via URL, but the issue with being unable to directly access the Clash View from Docs would still remain.

3 Comments
Chad-Smith
Advisor

I agree with this Idea. But I will instead link to this existing one that already has many votes.

Issues created through model coordination should link back to that model coordination view

jfreund87
Contributor

@Chad-Smith Perfect, thanks. Vote submitted.

jon_garner8TWAF
Explorer

This is a good idea, I would like to add to this some way to toggle between the clash view and model view.  

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Submit Idea  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report