Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Microsoft Teams Integration

Microsoft Teams Integration

Please strongly consider adding a connector or an integration to BIM 360 in Microsoft Teams in Office 365.  Our organization has started to standardize on Teams but we recognize that we need to ultimately move to BIM 360.  This would provide some cross-connectivity between the two worlds!

17 Comments
Chad-Smith
Advisor

I agree. Bentley Systems has already made progress on this.

But, I wouldn't explicitly say it's one or the other. While BIM 360 is a great repository of design files, it doesn't have a conversation element. If we could access BIM 360 design data from within MS Teams then it could be discussed in more detail.

Anonymous
Not applicable

With the entire org on Teams except for the Design team, this feature would finally allow a single platform for our firm. 

brownst
Autodesk

Yes, if we are talking about the Desktop Connector then One Drive/Team data source would be fantastic!

tech
Contributor

This would be brilliant! Our teams collaborate using both Teams and BIM360. Having a connection both in Teams to jump into the BIM360 project and an Connector in BIM360 that allows you to jump into Teams would be very powerful. 

matthias.fuchsUXWVA
Participant

does anyone have experience with teams in the construction industry? we want to implement teams and i hope to get some tips about the structure of channels and teams. Thanks 🙂

Anonymous
Not applicable

Has any development taken place on this space?

bram.vangurp
Community Visitor

This would be a most welcome feature, especially since the corona-virus makes us all work from home there is more need for integrated communication tools.

sduffin
Advocate

Autodesk - any updates to offer here on if this is something that is being considered? 

I Agree that the Covid-19 work at home situation has further amped-up the need for better collaboration.  We are a firm of over 600 people with maybe only 20% working in the office at any given time. and the rest working remotely.  We are now highly integrated with Teams for collaboration and communication.  I believe it would be unwise for Autodesk to not create an integration/connector for Teams to access BIM 360 data going forward.  Furthermore, Autodesk should just make BIM 360 a standard subscription benefit.  Thanks for everyone's vote and input - Keep voting!

Anonymous
Not applicable

You can, crudely, integrate BIM 360 in a channel using Ádd a Tab > Website so users (with appropriate permissions) can access BIM 360 from teams, but agree integration would be better. Even better if BIM 360 could participate in the whole Microsoft Network/Account user credential space so IT access management was integrated

robincapperw_0-1595301887640.png

brucegund
Advocate

I agree! We use Teams internally for files, schedules etc. I just had a case open with Autodesk trying to integrate a file in Teams (or Sharepoint) to just display no the partner cards. No such luck. I do believe the change to ACC from BIM 360 has lost quite a bit of steam as in the past I was able to do this. Those links have now become unusable and are broken. I have started to go the other direction where Teams allows websites in channels or tabs so that BIM 360 can be viewed.

What would really be welcome would be a memorandum between MS and ADSK so that paying teams of MS and ADSK could select and sync folders between the two. It seems like a no brainer for CDE and ISO standards. It seems "dirty" to use a 3rd party tool (and pay for it) to hack this process.

Thanks,

Bruce

luke.coxon
Advocate

Bentley Project Wise is already on MS Teams and working well.

There is a heavy push at my company for us to go to Bentley products.

I feel I am fighting a losing battle trying to hold on to Autodesk products, and the constant lack of Autodesk feedback to your loyal customer base is making me look elsewhere.

I have lost hope that this will even get looked at, let alone a response... Check out "The world's best BIM360 idea" for proof.

matthias.fuchsUXWVA
Participant

I have found a solution called "mapper". You can synch BIM360 with MS Teams or sharepoint sites. For us it work's fine, because some employees are working in Teams and on site they are working with BIM360. It was a recommendation from the company goldbeck, which uses it successfully.

luke.coxon
Advocate

@matthias.fuchsUXWVA  Thanks for the tip. Can you please send a link, I can't find it.

Regards

Luke 

Chad-Smith
Advisor

I think it's worth spelling out that there appears to be two thoughts on this Idea; File syncing, and Channel communication.

For me, I'm not interested in the files aspect, as BIM 360 is already a central file location without duplicating them elsewhere such as in SharePoint. And, there are already other tools that can perform this.

What I want (and I think the original poster too) is the MS Team Channel integration for communications. It would be good to get notifications (Shared Packages, File Uploads, Issues, etc), which then possibly also provide some level of inline response.

e.g. A BIM Coordination channel in which Shared Package updates and Clash Issues are communicated into.

While it's nice to individually receive email notifications, it is often better if they are instead brought into channels alongside other related communications.

sthompson
Participant

Is anyone using the fabled "mapper" application that supposedly synchs BIM/ACC content to SharePoint/Teams? I have heard of it, but can find zero information about it outside of this thread.

@sduffin , any news on this one?

Microsoft Teams Integration | Autodesk Construction Cloud

Microsoft 365 Integration | Autodesk Construction Cloud

We having some struggling with admin rights, and don't know how ACC will integrate with Teams/365, will be for meetings/agenda, folders structure, ...?

matthias.fuchsUXWVA
Participant

Hi @Eduardo_SchoenauLLW42 , 

Hi @sthompson ,

Hi @luke.coxon ,

sorry for the late reply.

In the meantime, we have further developed mapper and successfully tested it with partner companies in various pilot projects. Mapper makes it easy to exchange data between BIM360 and Microsoft Team (Sharepoint).

Please feel free to send me a just a small notice mail at info@sumoo.io. I will get back to you with more information about the functions and functionallitys. We can also arrange a  demo call where we can show you mapper live.

Best

Matthias

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Submit Idea  

Autodesk Design & Make Report