Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Glue must support markup from views made in Navisworks

Glue must support markup from views made in Navisworks

Hi, at this time we're having a project completely without traditional drawings. I represent a general contractor, and in this project the only design material we get from the designers is a combined model in .nwd format.

We are trying to use 360 Glue (and Field/Layout) to manage the building process. I'm going to post a few enhancement needs, this being the fourth one.

As of today Glue does not support views saved as "Saved viewpoints" in Navisworks on Glue Desktop. (But they show up on iPad when uploading a nwd file directly to Glue). We get a lot of saved viewpoints from the designers of the project, and today it's a time consuming task with each new revision to make the viewpoints as shared views with 360.

But, the main consern is this, markup and measurement made in Navisworks won't export into the shared veiws. Meaning we are 100% reliant on the markup tools and functionallity of Glue itself. Glue must be able to read and display markup made with Navisworks.

It should also be possible to share/import viewpoints directly into Glue. Now we have to make a new shared view fore each saved viewpoint individually.

Best regards, Inge Handagard

5 Comments
klszostek
Explorer

I totally agree with Inge. Ideally, Navisworks viewpoints, Navisworks shared views, Glue shared views, and Glue markups should be unified into one markup tool for both iPad and desktop versions. This would allow a user to mark up in Glue, and for others to see it in Navisworks, or vice versus.

In addition, having separate "shared views" and "markups" in Glue is totally useless, and becomes very annoying to have them in separate places. What's the point of having to save a shared view, and then a duplicate of that same view just to mark it up?! And then you can't see markups from Navisworks in Glue or vice versus... painful. Why aren't the "shared views" and "markups" just one tool in Glue, regardless if you draw anything or not? It should work the same as viewpoints in Navisworks.

Another similar issue I face is saving out an NWD models for archiving after every coordination meeting with my subs. If all of our markups are in Glue, then there is currently no way to see them in Navisworks, thus no accurate way to archive a coordination model from Navisworks or Glue. I understand Glue is a real-time coordination platform, but we need to be able to "bake" the Navisworks model for our records and have it include all markups. Currently no way to do that in Glue. 

Hopefully we see some development on these issues soon, as I'm sure Inge and I aren't the only ones who find these issues to be unbearable.

-Kyle

jamie.sidford
Contributor

Agree with both of the above posts.

This absolutely has to become a  priority for the development team in my eyes.  It would make working with Navisworks and glue a significantly easier and more efficient process.

Jamie

TommyNYC
Enthusiast

Hi guys,

I am facing this problem exactly. 

the unification of all these view types into one mark up tool - preferably with a versatile reporting tool to track the issues is what we need.

has there been any developments?

currently I can only push shared NW views into Shared Glue views - not mark ups.

we are looking at iconstruct to assist with the reporting - and perhaps this.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Guys

we are doing a project using BIM 360 glue and Navisworks and have the same issue above.
are there any updated for 2018 ?. I make a test but markups made on the viewpoints from Navisworks are still not visible in Glue
07/16/2018

Thanks

jperkins1MXXNE
Enthusiast

Well here we are over a year since this thread was started and there is no movement on this issue.

there also doesn’t seem to be any response from Autodesk on the subject. Can we get an Autodesk rep to give us feedback on the plan for fixing the broken link between Navisworks saved viewpoints and BIM 360 Glue shared views ? When will this be addressed ?

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Submit Idea  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report