Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BIM 360 Docs Markup Assignment & Status

BIM 360 Docs Markup Assignment & Status

When a reviewer creates a markup, they are likely not the person who picks up that markup/makes the change. They should be able to assign that markup to someone, which could then be notified that they have markups. That person who is making the change should then be able to change the status of the markup to complete.  The reviewer would then be able to accept that status change and close/archive the markup.

Basically, take some of the functionality of Issues but without the need for a pushpin, root cause, etc.

4 Comments
SeanMTA
Advocate

This, right here, is why I cannot get buy-in from our Project Managers, they keep reverting to Bluebeam Studio, or throwing pdfs back and forth using Sharefile or other cloud storage solutions.

As it stands the markup tool is pointless. It could follow the QA/QC process that Reviews have.

DwaneL-FGMA
Contributor

@SeanMTAExactly.  I walked through some users on how they could use BIM 360 during design reviews, especially with everyone being remote.  They went, eh, it's okay, but isn't as intuitive as we'd like.  Didn't like the "Issues" workflow with pushpins and no markup capabilities.  So now I'm pushing Bluebeam Sessions to have collaborative markups.

Anonymous
Not applicable

100% agree!   Another issue is that (3) separate e-mail notifications are sent when a markup is assigned to someone.  I posted about this also but didn't get a response.   The e-mail barrage is one reason we aren't using this tool, in addition to the general lack of functionality.

asantman7A9KD
Contributor

I have been looking into this a little further as well - it is unfortunate Markups are not assignable or at least let the reviewer send an alert of some kind to a Team for review and updates.  Additionally, since there is no way to assign, there is no way to track the mark-ups either.  We keep a tracking log of revisions and comments on sets in Excel - this allows us a shareable document via O365 / Teams where we can assign and track.  Maybe add functionality to the Export function of as well to mode than just a copy of the PDF

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Submit Idea  

Autodesk Design & Make Report