Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BIM 360 Docs email tracking / up

BIM 360 Docs email tracking / up

@atucker-amco &  @socallaghan_epswater_com 

Moving this idea on the BIM 360 Ideas dashboard for you.

What we're looking for is:

• Any integration of for example Microsoft Outlook into BIM 360 Docs, so when sending an email it can be assigned to a BIM360 Docs Project.

Workflow example:

1. Compose Email with a message to Sub Contractor
  2. Add-in function to allow the correct Project on BIM 36 Docs to be tagged.
  3. Send Email, and it is automatically uploaded/recorded to the project.

or

• A project-specific email address linked to BIM 360 Docs, so the correspondence between parties can be tracked and recorded on BIM 360 Docs.

Workflow example:

1. Compose Email with a message to Sub Contractor
  2. CC in the BIM 360 Docs email (Example: TestPproject.BIM360Docs@Autodesk.co.uk)
  3. Send Email, and it is automatically uploaded/recorded to the project.

The only other option is to manually upload all emails to a 'Correspondence' folder on BIM 360 Docs. I know the ideas/queries are quite advanced but it's something that I have been asked to query.

8 Comments
roger.feste
Contributor

This would be very useful for all projects 🙂

sthompson
Participant

This does not seem like a big ask but given that this thread has been quiet for some time, I am seeking out information on how folks are dealing with this.  Has anyone used shared mailboxes within SharePoint and/or is there any integration there?  Are there any 3rd party tools that address this?  I realize that the use of e-mail is becoming less relevant for RFIs and Transmittals as these are becoming more integrated into BIM360, but external correspondence that needs to be part of the official project archive will always exist.

duncan
Community Visitor

We would also find this feature very useful.

Anonymous
Not applicable

If an email cannot be moved directly into BIM360 from Outlook, can a rule be written within Outlook that will move the project related files to a BIM360 folder or a folder that can be synced with BIM360? This would be especially helpful for a project managers trying to consolidate project information into one location without a manual step being required.

LyleHardin
Advisor

I agree with sthompson. We use this feature daily with Newforma. Now that Docs is included in the AEC packages, we may do away with Newforma but the ability to easily file emails to a project will be missed by many. 

seanWVEJB
Explorer

Just to let you know that we have added integrations for both BIM360 and Autodesk Build into eFiler so you can file emails directly from Outlook into relevant projects (Including local and cloud storage options). It has predictive email filing options and rules to automate repetitive tasks. Please feel free to reach out to me if you have any questions or would like an in person demonstration.

dbunterbart
Participant

This feature would be a big time saver.  Simply being able to view email text and attachments inside of BIM360 would save time.

pdoele
Community Visitor

Definitely would streamline communications and issue research.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Submit Idea  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report