Community
Bifrost Forum
Welcome to the Bifrost Forum. This is the place for artists using Bifrost to ask and answer questions, browse popular topics, and share knowledge about creating effects procedurally using Bifrost. You can also visit the Bifrost Community on AREA to download an array of ready-to-use graphs, read Bifrost news and updates, and find the latest tutorials.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SDF\Volume: Planet Atmosphere?

5 REPLIES 5
SOLVED
Message 1 of 6
darioOrtisi
237 Views, 5 Replies

SDF\Volume: Planet Atmosphere?

Does anybody know how to set the planet atmosphere using Volume in bifrostGraph?

Thanks

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
sepu6
in reply to: darioOrtisi

I am not exactly sure what you mean by this question, maybe be more specific , provide an example what you want to achieve, in the meantime you can have a look at this and do the same in Maya/BF

https://help.autodesk.com/view/ARNOL/ENU/?guid=arnold_for_houdini_rendering_ah_How_to_Render_a_Plane...

Message 3 of 6
darioOrtisi

Thank you @sepu6 I don't have problem with arnold and shading the atmosphere effects. But i will like to try to do something directly with SDF or volume, Controlling volume for clouds in a different way using volume in bifrost or for the Ozone using or try to create a falloff radial ramp from center to external. I will show you the result in maya asap.

Ciao 

P.S: honestly there is something on my shading of clouds that I can't solve. How to change height displacement for volume displacement: I use aivectorMap node, aiRange and a lot of other nodes. Maybe with a aifacingratio even in displacement volume?

Message 4 of 6
darioOrtisi

Message 5 of 6
sepu6

you can do the same, just get the fog density property and use a change range add an fcurve and then set it that is what they are doing there fit function (change range) + a ramp (fcurve)

Message 6 of 6
darioOrtisi

Thank you @sepu6 it does work.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report