Community
Bifrost Forum
Welcome to the Bifrost Forum. This is the place for artists using Bifrost to ask and answer questions, browse popular topics, and share knowledge about creating effects procedurally using Bifrost. You can also visit the Bifrost Community on AREA to download an array of ready-to-use graphs, read Bifrost news and updates, and find the latest tutorials.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

point size in viewport

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
accounts5
290 Views, 5 Replies

point size in viewport

Hello, I am using Bifrost to visualize a point cloud, I don't need to render it I just need it visible in the viewport.

Is there a way to increase the size of the "point" in the viewport? I have tried both "set_point_shape" and "point_scope" but in both nodes the "size" attribute doesn't change the size of the points.

Visualizing the point cloud with another shape/object would make the viewport too slow as it's a lot of points.

Thanks in advance!

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
sepu6
in reply to: accounts5

add a scope `point_scope` to be more specific

Message 3 of 6
accounts5
in reply to: sepu6

Unfortunately in "point_scope", "Default_size" doesn't have any effect when "shape" is set to "point".

Tried it on Maya 2022 and Maya2024.

Message 4 of 6

@accounts5 Set the point shape to Disk. That works with set_point_shape as well.

Message 5 of 6

Yes, that's a "feaseable" option, although it is not as fast to visualize in the viewport as points are.

I wonder if that's because disk has to compute normals and some basic shading?

edit:typo

Message 6 of 6

I believe this is the only way at the moment.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report