Community
Bifrost Forum
Welcome to the Bifrost Forum. This is the place for artists using Bifrost to ask and answer questions, browse popular topics, and share knowledge about creating effects procedurally using Bifrost. You can also visit the Bifrost Community on AREA to download an array of ready-to-use graphs, read Bifrost news and updates, and find the latest tutorials.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Liquid emitter is randomly starting and stopping emission

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
jmollot
261 Views, 3 Replies

Liquid emitter is randomly starting and stopping emission

I have continuous emission turned on but it appears that the emitter's bounding box is "sliding off" the emitter at times stopping emission, and then it will start again, seemingly randomly. I have no idea why. For context, the fluid emitter is the mouth of a rigged character, and the character is animated (the mouth is moving with the character through being parent constrained to the head joint). I'm guessing that for some reason the movement of the mouth is not vibing with bifrost - I tried having something else in the scene be an emitter to see if that would work, and it worked fine until I parent constrained it to the head joint - then it too started turning off and on. I'm working in Maya 2024, but the same thing happened when I tried opening the project in Maya 2023. Im getting very tired of the bugginess of bifrost...

Labels (3)
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
sepu6
in reply to: jmollot

You need to add a repro scene. Simplify the problem and add it here so people can help. Without seeing anything, it is just a guessing game and difficult to help. 

Message 3 of 4
jmollot
in reply to: sepu6

here is the scene

Message 4 of 4
jmollot
in reply to: jmollot

solved - master voxel size was too small relative to the emitter

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report