Community
Bifrost Forum
Welcome to the Bifrost Forum. This is the place for artists using Bifrost to ask and answer questions, browse popular topics, and share knowledge about creating effects procedurally using Bifrost. You can also visit the Bifrost Community on AREA to download an array of ready-to-use graphs, read Bifrost news and updates, and find the latest tutorials.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Color remap channel greyed out for bifrostliquid Material

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
Anonymous
332 Views, 1 Reply

Color remap channel greyed out for bifrostliquid Material

Hi,

I am quite new to maya and bifrost. I am doing a University project and have a problem.

I am trying to colour a sphere of liquid, with 2 different colours, using the color remap channel being set to density and then I would manually paint the density onto the object. 

The weird thing about this all is that before taking a break from University I managed to achieve this after installing vray.

avoaze_2-1613667275477.png

However after coming back, the option to colour remap is now greyed out and I can't figure out what to do (clicking the little arrow down button doesn't do anything)

avoaze_0-1613667221499.png

Do you think I need a clean reinstall of everything, or am I missing something? I am also curious if there is another, maybe more efficient way to have a liquid with different colours in specific locations?

Thanks in advance.

Labels (3)
1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
calibrix
in reply to: Anonymous

I don't think the BiFrost Liquid Material is used or supported any longer by any of the renderers. Here's the Arnold Documentation on rendering bifrost: https://docs.arnoldrenderer.com/display/A5AFMUG/Legacy+Bifrost

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report