Community
Bifrost Forum
Welcome to the Bifrost Forum. This is the place for artists using Bifrost to ask and answer questions, browse popular topics, and share knowledge about creating effects procedurally using Bifrost. You can also visit the Bifrost Community on AREA to download an array of ready-to-use graphs, read Bifrost news and updates, and find the latest tutorials.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Aero Emit vary color emission per point

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
calibrix
886 Views, 4 Replies

Aero Emit vary color emission per point

Hi guys,

Does anyone know if it's possible to vary color emission on an aero source by point? I've looked at the graph example of emitting multiple colors, but that only emits a single color for the entire emitter. Is it possible to vary the color emission of a single emitter? I've tried setting a point property and named it the same name as the additional property, but the aero solver doesn't pick up the per point settings. The documentation doesn't appear to give much of a hint on how to accomplish this task.

Labels (3)
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
stamatk
in reply to: calibrix

Hi @calibrix 

It's possible to do what you ask using the vary_source_property node but unfortunately it's a bit convoluted due to the internal naming conventions for custom properties.

Essentially, if you create a custom float3 property to drive color and name it "foo" and you want to randomize it per point, you have to enter the name "point_foo__" in the vary source property, and then call it using "voxel_foo" at render time.

This is ridiculous I know and we're working very hard to streamline all this. Your patience is appreciated!

In the attached images I create a float3 property to drive color per point using the vary_source_property

Konstantinos Stamatelos

Bifrost FX Product Owner and Designer

Message 3 of 5
calibrix
in reply to: stamatk

Excellent, this is the special sauce I need.

Message 4 of 5
moiamy
in reply to: stamatk

Hi @stamatk

Is it still the case with Bifrost 2.3 ?

Tags (1)
Message 5 of 5
stamatk
in reply to: calibrix

Hi @moiamy 

Yes it is still the same in 2.3, but only for a little while longer. While we now support plugging fields directly into most simulation properties, we are still working on the custom properties, like the one you would create for color. 

Thank you for your patience!
Kosta

Konstantinos Stamatelos

Bifrost FX Product Owner and Designer

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report