cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Send email notifications when new product updates are available for download

Send email notifications when new product updates are available for download

It would be extremely helpful to be notified when new product updates are available for download from the Autodesk site for Enterprise users. The Autodesk Desktop App does provide these updates but unfortunately is geared towards SMB and not for large enterprises utilizing contracts such as Token Flex. For larger customers the Desktop App doesn't work correctly. To date the only way I know a new update is available is by continually checking Autodesk's website to see if anything new is available.

Can a system be put in place that notifies Autodesk Account users when new updates are available for download? For example, Revit 2018.3.1 was released on April 27, 2018.  Autodesk would email Autodesk account users the same day (within 4 hours of the download being available) telling them an update was available along with a link to the release notes for the new update.

Within each users account there would be some sort of setting that allowed a user to select which products to be notified for and for which versions (e.g. I want to be notified for 2019 updates but not 2018 or older). Since this filtering of messages would take quite a bit of work to implement phase 1 would simply email users for all products updates that are licensed under the enterprise contract.

18 Comments

Hi! 

Thank you for your feedback. We will look into this idea a bit more with the Autodesk Account team and get back to you. 

Best,

Payton Smith

leowarren34
Mentor

Yes please add this as I rarely open the app and so knowing when updates are released would be very useful rather than bricking my computer for an hour to install 20 updates...

Status changed to: Under Review

leowarren34
Mentor

Cheers!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes please. 

We have crashed two machines in the last couple of months because there was a bug in powermill that was fixed by the patch that came out a couple weeks before the crash.  We need to stay on top of updates. I would go as far as allowing automatic updates along with the notification.

Kelsey.S
Autodesk Support

Hi there! 

We also have this thread regarding the interest in this idea. See: Receive notice of Product Updates?

Thanks,

Kelsey Skaug

leowarren34
Mentor

Anymore on this?

Emir_Besic
Community Visitor

We would also like this solution as I would be able to prepare the deployment without stress....this way the users are remiding me of updates and that is just not OK, or I go every day and check manually for updates.....not good.

nick.vanegmond
Explorer

Hi All, 

as an Enterprise customer we cannot use the Desktop App for updates because it's not an option regarding to the license type. Also this is for security reasons that updates may only be installed via SCCM Packages. Therefore we would like to receive email notifications about high severity updates without having to check our account every week and start creating deployments as soon as they are available. Medium and Low severity updates are optional and will only be deployed on demand. 

Thank you and please provide a status update about this idea.

Kind regards,

Nick 

shaderkeeper
Participant

I would also appreciate this because the Desktop app doesn't work on MacOS and I'd like to know when a new version of Maya is out.

mikko.markkinen
Explorer

Refering @nick.vanegmond comment. This feature would significantly reduce workload and stress about staying on top of the updates. When company has over 100 engineers using different Autodesk Products, there is no other proper option for installations than SCCM. Possibility to order notifications of certain product updates and hotfixes from manage.autodesk.com would help CAD management a lot.

Janne_Boman
Enthusiast

Hello

This would be highly appreciated by myself and our IT servicedesk.

Thanks

-Janne

jeffNMWSR
Participant

Should something like this really be sitting in the Under Review bin for more than three years? You have a separate section for product updates on your website, how difficult is it to set up to ping an opt-in mailing list when a new update gets added?

maurijnE
Participant

Is the team still hard at work deciding if this should be added? Its been 5 years

aj_warner
Explorer

Any update? Seems like this should be an easy addition and was changed to under review back in 2019

sraut
Explorer

Any updates on this?

Daubon
Enthusiast

This is a good idea. However, I would more flexibility; I'd like to see a page where us users can select to be notified not only when new software updates are available but also things like: get Notified When a New Inventor Idea (with certain tags) are Posted.  Basically where we select what we want to hear (of certain topics) and how often.  Maybe I don't want to receive instantaneous notifications every time someone posts a new idea but maybe every five new ideas or maybe once a week and so on.

trombeNZ
Enthusiast

OK. April 23 - 2024

i would like to know what progress has been made if any on this issue please.

I prefer an e-mail notification,  of any build updates or new releases of the products I have subscribed to, nothing else.

thanks

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Submit Idea  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report