AutoCAD Plant 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Plant 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Plant 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

moving equipment in Sample Project

9 REPLIES 9
Message 1 of 10
Anonymous
563 Views, 9 Replies

moving equipment in Sample Project

Hello everyone,

I'm using Sample Project and for some practicing purposes, I'm trying to 'move' or 'Copy' equioment's, but it is not possible!

I'm not sure why it acts like it is ina 'read-only' mode (and it shows a 'locked' symbol beside the name of the file on the 'Project Mnager' tab).

I'd appreciate if someone could help me in this case.

Regards,

Behrouz

9 REPLIES 9
Message 2 of 10
h_eger
in reply to: Anonymous

Plant 3D 20??
OS Version
Admin Rights?
-

If my reply was helpful, please give a "Kudo" or click the "Accept as Solution" button below (or both).

Hartmut Eger
Senior Engineer
Anlagenplanung + Elektotechnik
XING | LinkedIn

EESignature

Message 3 of 10
jabowabo

Did you open the file from the project manager? Plant 3D requires files to be open in project context for editing.
Message 4 of 10
Anonymous
in reply to: h_eger

Hello Hartmut,

Thanks for that.

it is Plant 3D 2014.

Windows 7, 64 bit

Admin of the computer.

Regards,

Behrouz

Message 5 of 10
Anonymous
in reply to: jabowabo

Hello,

Thanks for that.

Unfortunately I couldn't open it through Project Manager as it opens a file with nothing inside it. So I had to manually find the file and open it. 

Is there any way I can solve this issue and open the file directly from Project Manager?

Thank you so much in advance.

Regards,

Behrouz

Message 6 of 10
jabowabo

Are you certain the file in project manager is the same one you are opening manually? Check the path shown in proj mgr - the panel below the file tree. The tree structure does not necessarily reflect your windows folder structure, which can be quite confusing. In any case, you cannot modify items unless the file is open in project context.
Message 7 of 10
Anonymous

Hello,

Thanks for that and  sorry for this delay.

I checked that, they are in the same path. But when I try to open the file from the Plant 3D itself, it doesn't show anything!

Thanks again.

Regards,

Behrouz

Message 8 of 10
Anonymous

Hello,

Thanks for that.

Yes, they are in the same path. When I open it from the 'project manager' it shows nothing. but I can open it manually by finding the file in the path.

Regards,

Behrouz

Message 9 of 10
jabowabo

Remove the file showing in the project Mgr from the project (rt-click, remove) then copy the file you're opening (that has content) to the project (rt-click folder in project mgr and select 'copy dwg to project).
Message 10 of 10
jabowabo

That was a long delay btw!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report