AutoCAD Plant 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Plant 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Plant 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

custom parts

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
Anonymous
693 Views, 5 Replies

custom parts

How do you add parts to the custom imperial cat and spec?.

Ideally I'd like to create my own cat and spec with parts that can be adjusted dimensionaly in the modeling window much like the out of the box custom parts spec behaves.

I attempted to copy the out of box custom cat and spec, rename it and move forward, unfortunately to no avail...any advice on this subject is appreciated.

Thank you

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
dave.wolfe
in reply to: Anonymous

In the spec set the Component Designation property to Custom. In a catalog, you'd have to add the custom property or edit the database with an editor, I can't remember which right now.
Dave Wolfe
Isaiah 57:15

Tips and Tricks on our blog: ASTI blog
EXPERT ELITE MEMBER
Plant 3D Wish list
Message 3 of 6
Anonymous
in reply to: dave.wolfe

David,

Setting the component designation to "Custom" does not appear to function in our in-house built specs, populated by our in-house built cats.

We enter "Custom" but when going to the model space the part geometry in the properties tab remains grayed out therefore not allowing us to manipulate the part.

This component designation "Custom" only appears to function when using the out of box custom spec and catalog, is this a correct statement or are we missing something?.

Message 4 of 6
Anonymous

It appears that entering the text "Custom" into the component designation field IS case sensitive, caps "CUSTOM" fails to register, lower case  with a cap C, "Custom" works well.

Message 5 of 6
nvikesh

Hi this is my very first Post on Autodesk forum feeling great.

ok so I tell you that what ever we are modelling in plant 3D after fetching them form Custom Part or Specs, are first created by Python script which we compile by Plant 3d "plantregistercustomscripts".

You can refer below given address.:-

http://adndevblog.typepad.com/autocad/2016/01/custom-python-scripts-for-autocad-plant-3d-part-5.html

so you need to have knowldge of Python for creating new parametric shapes.

Step 1>  Python Script (which contain Geomtry related code, Port information, Category etc.)

Step 2>  then place that script in 

• C:\AutoCAD Plant 3D 20XX Content\CPak Common\CustomScripts.

Step 3> after compilation it will start appear in its group category like fitting, Valve, as defined in script in both "Spec Editor" and in "Coustom Part" dialog box .

Step 4> than you can add your spec as well.

Message 6 of 6
Anonymous
in reply to: nvikesh

I have already achieved this phase, but thank you 

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

AutoCAD Beta