AutoCAD Plant 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Plant 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Plant 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Catalog Support Folder Files Missing

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
_Jeff_Roy_
321 Views, 4 Replies

Catalog Support Folder Files Missing

I created a batch of custom valves on a network drive today as this is the location where we store all of our shared specs, catalogs, templates, etc. for accessibility across the organization. Within the test project I use, the valves work fine. However, when I add these valves (catalog parts) to a spec in another project, I get the dreaded "Can't find symbol for specified part." Typically when I create custom parts, either a new .dwg and .png get created in the "200" and "DWG" folder under the catalog support folder that matches the name of my spec. Normally if I run in to this issue, I just make sure these new files are copied to the appropriate folder on my machine so the software can find them. However, there are no files in the Catalog Support Folder that show a modified date from today. I created all the custom blocks and and added them to the catalog today, saving my progress, so the modified date would definitely be today. 

Any tips on how I might locate these files? They have to be somewhere because, again, these new valves are working fine in the test environment. 

Thanks!

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
quan_hm
in reply to: _Jeff_Roy_

In the spec editor you can export the item to excel to see the location of each size 

minhquanqttb_0-1718989830011.png

Hoang Minh Quan - Piping design engineer
Autodesk Store for Python Catalog
Message 3 of 5
dave.wolfe

If your catalog was based on a stock catalog it sometimes goes in those folders. For example for ASME valves it might end up in Cpak ASME instead of the normal spot. 

Dave Wolfe
Isaiah 57:15

Tips and Tricks on our blog: ASTI blog
EXPERT ELITE MEMBER
Plant 3D Wish list
Message 4 of 5
_Jeff_Roy_

@quan_hm Thank you, this was extremely helpful! I have only ever exported specs to Excel for bulk editing and was not aware this functionality was available for catalogs. Being able to locate the specific dwg files for blocks associated with custom parts will be very useful.

Message 5 of 5
quan_hm

You're welcome :))

Hoang Minh Quan - Piping design engineer
Autodesk Store for Python Catalog

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report