AutoCAD Plant 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Plant 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Plant 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Isoconfig XML Corruption

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
daniel.klingspor
179 Views, 3 Replies

Isoconfig XML Corruption

Recently been experiencing some unexplained changes/gremlins in an Isoconfig XML.  I am thinking it specifically has to do with either the 2024 version or that it is a Collaboration project.

It has been my experience, until now, that the Isoconfig.XML does not change values by itself unless specifically edited.  But I witnessed changes being made to the XML file that I did not initiate.  Is this a symptom of the "new and improved" XML editor built-in to recent Plant versions?  Something that can happen with Collaboration Cloud projects?  Both? 

Just wondering if this is a known issue that others have experienced and if there is a best practices to prevent from happening.

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
h_eger
in reply to: daniel.klingspor

Dear @daniel.klingspor ,

basically not too much changes automatically in the IsoConfig.xml the flange group can change but this already happens when the project setup is started and small changes are made in the project. This phenomenon is documented by Autodesk.
The only problem I know with the IsoConfig.xml in connection with the Collabortions projects is that I always have to save the entire project, make the changes in the IsoConfig.xml locally and then upload the entire project back to the ACC after the changes have been checked.

-

If my reply was helpful, please give a "Kudo" or click the "Accept as Solution" button below (or both).

Hartmut Eger
Senior Engineer
Anlagenplanung + Elektotechnik
XING | LinkedIn

EESignature

Message 3 of 4
daniel.klingspor
in reply to: h_eger

@h_eger 

Thank you for the reply.

"the flange group can change but this already happens when the project setup is started and small changes are made in the project. This phenomenon is documented by Autodesk."

Interesting to know, as this was one of the issues I was experiencing, although after many years I had not seen this happen yet.  Of note to others who may read this, I had specific assigned attributes in annotations mysteriously change as well.

"make the changes in the IsoConfig.xml locally and then upload the entire project back to the ACC"

This was something I tried as well and it seemed to resolve the issues.  I was hesitant to suggest this as the workflow as this seems to defeat the purpose of the ACC project.

Thank you again Hartmut.

Message 4 of 4
h_eger
in reply to: daniel.klingspor

@daniel.klingspor ,

unfortunately, these are the points (and a few others) why I am not yet a fan of the ACC Collaboration 😩

-

If my reply was helpful, please give a "Kudo" or click the "Accept as Solution" button below (or both).

Hartmut Eger
Senior Engineer
Anlagenplanung + Elektotechnik
XING | LinkedIn

EESignature

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

AutoCAD Beta