AutoCAD Plant 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Plant 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Plant 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Actuator Block wrong location in 3D model

6 REPLIES 6
SOLVED
Message 1 of 7
Anonymous
1185 Views, 6 Replies

Actuator Block wrong location in 3D model

Hey guys,

The Spears catalog I'm using doesn't have pneumatic actuators so I created one using an autocad standard block and pulled the dimensions for each size from the website. My  problem is that when I insert the valve into the model using the spec editor, the actuator is offset from the stem for some reason. Any idea why?

image.pngimage.png

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
mmcmorris
in reply to: Anonymous

So the valve is a custom block and the actuator is a parametric created in spec editor?  Try modifying the EX value and see if the location changes.

I'd just create the blocks and do a plant part convert and use them for the actuators.  The parametric ones have been screwy for a while.

Message 3 of 7
Anonymous
in reply to: mmcmorris

is there a way to manually draw the actuator as part of the custom valve block that came with the spec? The problem is that I'm going to copy this model and change all of the pipe sizes at least 3-4 times. The valves automatically adjust their sizes when I change the pipe sizes which is great. I just need to be able to differentiate between a manual and automated valve when looking at the model and then for it to be labeled as the actuator when I generate the isos.

Is there a quick fix for this?

Message 4 of 7
mmcmorris

You would have to create blocks for each actuator size, create a actuator component with all your blocks then assign them to the valve. If you make the valve/operator one block you won't get the operator direction on your iso. Also note you can't rotate an actuator block 90 degrees for example, you'd have to create a seperate block.
Message 5 of 7
Anonymous
in reply to: mmcmorris

that's super obnoxious. Luckily, George Fischer had a block for the actuator in the spec. I just copied it from there to the spears catalog. thanks for all of the help.

Message 6 of 7
mmcmorris

It really really is...I'm currently having to "pretty up" all our valves.  Every size, type and pressure class.  I have the models but they're one block so I'm having to slice the block, make 2 new blocks and go from there...I could use my current block if only there was a way to indicate the operator direction.  BTW I did find a cheat but got shut down using it.  If you do have a block with the valve and actuator if you align the operator up when doing a plant part convert with the middle of the valve at 0,0,0 you can just put a very small hand level in from the catalog and it removes having to make a seperate set of components for the actuator.

Message 7 of 7
mikael.santospj

Hi guys, did you ever have a problem with valve actuator not getting in the center of the vale?

I'm trying to create a simple ball valve catalogue with models more similar to manufaturer catalogue, not just the plant 3d default. But, every time the valvebody has an actuator, it pushes toward an end of the valve, like the images.

Thanks

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

AutoCAD Beta