AutoCAD on mobile Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD on mobile Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD on mobile topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

User guide for version 5.6

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
Anonymous
580 Views, 4 Replies

User guide for version 5.6

Hello

I have a premium annual subscription to Acad Mobil v. 5.6. Working on IPad Pro 12.9” 2020 with latest IOS with keyboard and mouse.

I started using Acad way back from DOS version 10 through v. 2006.

Although I’m a little rusty, I fortunately can remember most of the basic commands.

This Mobil app does not feel familiar what so ever to standard Acad, except for the command names. Usage of the

commands is extremely cumbersome. The online guides and videos do not reference this version of the app, and appears that older version commands/usage do not support the newer version.

A must tool is the extend command which is not supported, along with Trim.

All I need is simple explanations to use line, offset, dems, etc. I’m unable to find anything that references this version.

I did look under Help in the app, but was unable to find what I need.

Much Thanks,

Rick

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
pendean
in reply to: Anonymous

AutoCADMOBILE is not desktop AutoCAD: its nothing more than a technology demonstrator good enough for schools teaching CAD, great for casual editing on the fly (or redlining someone else' work) when you are out of the office, and for site visits alternative to carrying a giant roll of paper drawings.

Plus at $5/month do you really thing it is going to be everything a $1600/year software on a PC/Mac is? Just saying.

HTH
Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
in reply to: pendean

With all due respect Pendean what I expect is this:

Create, edit, and view drawings anywhere

The AutoCAD® mobile app includes an easy-to-use interface and tools to upload, open, create, and edit DWG™ drawings. Supported on iOS and Android devices.

...back to my question...I’m looking for a user guide for v. 5.6 of the Mobil app.

Thank you,

Rick

Message 4 of 5
pendean

Ah, that marketing language sugarcoating the reality, don't you love it?

>>>...I’m looking for a user guide for v. 5.6 of the Mobil app...<<<
Does not exist as a document or webpage: in the app, explore the "HELP" link found under Support, this website is similar in content https://www.autodesk.com/products/autocad-mobile/features?plc=AA360P&term=1-MONTH&support=ADVANCED&q...

FWIW you can complain directly to Autodesk at the email address noted in the App (or the one listed for the app at the appstore).

Good luck.
Message 5 of 5
Anonymous

Okay, thanks. This is what I was afraid of.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report