AutoCAD Map 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Map 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Map 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Transfer block attributes to XDATA attached to polylines passing nearby

9 REPLIES 9
SOLVED
Message 1 of 10
ionita_traian81
428 Views, 9 Replies

Transfer block attributes to XDATA attached to polylines passing nearby

In the given example the blocks represent poles with FO equipment; each pole has attributes with the equipment label and the distribution fiber. The polylines streaking out from the pole are client connections; they have attached XDATA for Equipment and Distribution. I need a way to transfer the attributes from the poles to the XDATA of polylines connected to it.

9 REPLIES 9
Message 2 of 10

Try XDLABEL_LINK from https://forums.autodesk.com/t5/community-classifieds/xdtools-an-open-project-for-creating-tools-for-....

But this command will only pass the content of inscriptions (Text, Mtext, Leader, MLeader), not attributes.

Beforehand, you should temporarily explode blocks with attribute values preserved - BURST from Express tools.

Before explode in blocks, it would be good to give different attributes different colors/layers to make them easier to select.

With XDLABEL_LINK, select objects, the required inscriptions, select the required XData and field. Specify tolerance-distance to the objects to select the desired inscriptions.

XDLABEL_LINK_DROPS.png

The content of the inscriptions will be loaded into the specified field of the specified XData.

In the XDLABEL_LINK window everything will be in English.

-- Alexander, private person, pacifist, english only with translator 🙂 --

Object-modeling _ odclass-odedit.com _ Help

Message 3 of 10

That works, thanks! Stupid me 100% forgot about BURST, I tried exploding the blocks but that reset the attribute values so I was at a loss.
Maybe you can think of a solution for the other part of the task. If at the end of the streaks I have connection blocks like in the attached example and these blocks have attributes for Equipment and Distribution, is there a way to transfer the XDATA from the polylines to the Block attributes?

Message 4 of 10

We have XDPoint - for working with point objects, incl. with blocks. There is in the same topic as XDLabel.
But in XDPoint, there is now a link between point objects and their base objects without a link to the XData of the base objects.
We are now considering how to make two-way communication via XData - similar to XDLabel.

Message 5 of 10

How does it help in my case? XDPoint I mean. In my version of Autocad, Map3D 2022 it throws an error "; error: quit / exit abort". I'll try some more and come back.

Message 6 of 10

While XDPoint will not help you in these tasks.
I hope we will finalize it.
But the general solution is not so simple.

I don't know what commands and what from XDPoint you used now. Maybe this not yet published version will not give an error.

Message 7 of 10

This one you attached works, but I don't know how to use it; is there documentation for it, a forum where it's discussed? I'll surely keep an eye on it.

Also, do you happen to have an updated version of ODEDIT? I tried the latest version of it and it's incompatible with my Autocad Map3D 2022; "odedit_free_od_2019-20_64b.arx is incompatible with this version of AutoCAD."

Message 8 of 10

We are currently significantly reworking XDPoint. Among other things, we will try to add connection with XData of base objects.
We have been busy developing XDPoint and XDLabel, and everything we have is in the topic https://forums.autodesk.com/t5/community-classifieds/xdtools-an-open-project-for-creating-tools-for-....

ODCLASS and ODEDIT are only available for AutoCAD 2012-2019.

Message 9 of 10

Hi,

Try the new XDPoint, which works better with XData.
XDPOINT_CREATE will allow to create blocks with attributes from XData of base objects at specified objects. There will be a link between the blocks and the objects.
XDPOINT_LINK will link existing blocks to the specified objects. (For multiple blocks at an object, enable the All option).
XDPOINT_2ATTR will load the attribute content of blocks into the XData of linked objects - linked XDPOINT_LINK or XDPOINT_CREATE.
XDPOINT_ATTR2 will load the XData content of linked objects into the attributes of blocks.
XDPOINT_ATTRFILE will create a match file template by unloading block names, their attributes, XData names and their fields into txt.

You may have already tried a similar with ODEDIT.
For XDPOINT_ATTR, you need to create a txt match file of block names, their attributes, XData names and their fields.
But before that, you need to associate the blocks with their base objects.

-------------------------------------------------

XDPOINT_CREATE is still in the process of significant rework, additions. So far it works for the variant for one block name, one attribute.

Message 10 of 10

A new XDPoint variant that creates and accounts for block attribute relationships with XData. (Probably not very long to redesign for OD).
Difficulty because of the multiple and dissimilar relationships: base objects -- blocks -- attributes -- XData -- XData fields.
In general - as in the previous version of XDPoint and XDLabel.

XDPOINT_LINK - linking blocks to their base objects - is more convenient for the task of this topic.
You can define a link between the attributes of the selected blocks and the XData of the base objects. These links will be saved with blocks in special XData “XDLINK_POINT”. You can also save links in txt - they will be saved as strings:
block name -- attribute name -- XData -- XData -- XData field.
This txt structure is similar to the structure of XDTOOLS and XDPOINT_ATTR correspondence files.
Can link blocks and base objects with a distance limit criterion between them: can link only the closest blocks, can link all blocks that are within tolerance.
Valid for linear, point and area objects. For area objects, the criterion is the position inside.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report