AutoCAD Map 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Map 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Map 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Change polylines layer according to its extended options

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
dani_cs
270 Views, 4 Replies

Change polylines layer according to its extended options

Hello all

I have a DWG with thousands of polylines. All of them are in the same layer called "us_01usos". Each poyline has extenden options inside: Area, lenght, description etc. The idea is to change each poyline layer according to their "description" field from extended options. These layers are already created with the same name of description field.

I am attaching a very simple example: you will se a huge polyline with a description field "Otros leñosos en secano"

Inside of this, you will see a tiny island with 2 polylines: one is the same "otros leñosos en secano" (because of island boundaries) and other with field "mosaico de cultivo con vegetacion natural". This is a typical example because my dwg has thousands of polylines, most of them inside others. So, there is no problem: each polyline layer to its description field will be awesone.

I am attaching pictures too

Thanks in advance

1.jpg

2.jpg

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
Pointdump
in reply to: dani_cs

Hi @dani_cs,
Use MAPEXPORT, and retain OD. Then use MAPIMPORT and use Layer Mapping.
Dave

LayerMapping_1.png

LayerMapping_2.png

Dave Stoll
Las Vegas, Nevada

EESignature

64GB DDR4 2400MHz ECC SoDIMM / 1TB SSD
NVIDIA Quadro P5000 16GB
Windows 10 Pro 64 / Civil 3D 2024
Message 3 of 5
ChicagoLooper

Hi @dani_cs 

Try this:

1. Select ALL your polylines then use MAPEXPORT command and export them to shapefile format. Name and save your shapefile in your project folder.

Image-1Image-1

2. The MapExport procedure has three tabs. Make your selections exactly as shown.

Image-2Image-2

3. Open a brand new, clean drawing. Use MAPIMPORT command=>Browse to then select your new shapefile=>OK.

Image-3Image-3

4. In the MapImport window, make your selections as exactly shown.Image-4Image-4

5. Zoom extents to see the polygons. You can change color, linetype, and line weight on a ByLayer basis. 

Image-5Image-5

Chicagolooper
Message 4 of 5
O_Eckmann

Hi @dani_cs ,

You can use a request to alter properties OD field as Layer.

Olivier Eckmann

EESignature

Message 5 of 5
dani_cs

@O_Eckmann @Pointdump @ChicagoLooper 

hi all!!

Thanks a lot for your answers!!!! you have saved me lot of hours of working!!!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

AutoCAD Beta