AutoCAD Map 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Map 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Map 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Grid Precision with MAPLOADGRIDSTYLE command

2 REPLIES 2
SOLVED
Message 1 of 3
Matheus-Lima
190 Views, 2 Replies

Grid Precision with MAPLOADGRIDSTYLE command

Hello, folks!

I have a simple question about grid coordinates and precision settings. The MAPLAYOUTREFERENCESYSTEM command works fine, I set the units with the UNITS command and the grid precision is perfect.

Now following this example: https://www.autodesk.com/support/technical/article/caas/sfdcarticles/sfdcarticles/How-to-edit-the-Re....

I can't set the precision of the grid with the MAPLOADGRIDSTYLE command for some reason, it is always 6 as in this print. Precision in UNITs are set to 3 here.

MatheusLima_0-1717792607304.png

Does anyone have an idea? What am I missing? Maybe, ambient settings override ? Thanks!

[PT-BR] Se essa postagem foi útil para você, clique em Curtir! Se a resposta resolveu o seu problema, clique em Aceitar Solução.
[EN-US] If it was helpful to you, click on Like! If the answer solved your problem, click on Accept Solution.

EESignature

Matheus Lima
Civil Engineer | BIM for Infrastructure Enthusiast | BIM Manager | Instagram @bim_infra | LinkedIn
Labels (2)
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
Pointdump
in reply to: Matheus-Lima

Hi Matheus,
Good question!
After changing precision in UNITS, I guess you need to re-do command MAPLAYOUTREFERENCESYSTEM.
Dave

GridRef_1.png

GridRef_2.png

GridRef_3.png

Dave Stoll
Las Vegas, Nevada

EESignature

64GB DDR4 2400MHz ECC SoDIMM / 1TB SSD
NVIDIA Quadro P5000 16GB
Windows 10 Pro 64 / Civil 3D 2024
Message 3 of 3
Matheus-Lima
in reply to: Pointdump

Hi, Dave! Yes, I guess I really need to re-do the command MAPLAYOUTREFERENCESYSTEM to update the precision. I thought that after setting the precision in UNITS you would need just to do a REGEN or something, but apparently no.

Thanks!

[PT-BR] Se essa postagem foi útil para você, clique em Curtir! Se a resposta resolveu o seu problema, clique em Aceitar Solução.
[EN-US] If it was helpful to you, click on Like! If the answer solved your problem, click on Accept Solution.

EESignature

Matheus Lima
Civil Engineer | BIM for Infrastructure Enthusiast | BIM Manager | Instagram @bim_infra | LinkedIn

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report