AutoCAD Map 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Map 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Map 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Oracle - AutoCAD Map 3D versions 2015 and 2021 interaction

0 REPLIES 0
Message 1 of 1
lucas.tafarello
451 Views, 0 Replies

Oracle - AutoCAD Map 3D versions 2015 and 2021 interaction

Hello!

I’m trying to work in a “hybrid” environment, where AutoCAD Map 3D 2015 and AutoCAD Map 3D 2021 uses an Oracle Enterprise (12c – 12.1.0.1.0) to load and edit geometries and attributes.

I have created the FDO data in a schema and made a bulk copy from data on SHP files to tables in that schema. All the changes that I made on the geometries/attributes in one version are correctly registered in the database and the other version can read them successfully (once the "refresh layer" command is applied). Even third party softwares can read the changes correctly.

However, when any change on features in AutoCAD Map 3D 2015 are checked in to the database, if I only refresh the same table in AutoCAD Map 3D 2021, some geometries “disappear”. In fact, they are in the database (they are not deleted), I can se them on the Data Table, but I can’t see or select their geometries anymore.

If I make any change in any feature, then check in the changes to the database, then close my .dwg file and re-open it again, the problem is corrected and all geometries will be rendered correctly.

But this situation forces me to work with only one version at a time; it would be impractical to go through this process every time a change is made using AutoCAD Map 2015. Do you guys know what I could do to solve this problem?

Thanks in advance
Lucas

0 REPLIES 0

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report