AutoCAD Map 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Map 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Map 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Point Features are always transparent

8 REPLIES 8
Message 1 of 9
planner
549 Views, 8 Replies

Point Features are always transparent

I have added a point features layer from an ArcGIS file geodatabase.  No matter how I try to symbolize them they always show with around 50% transparency.  Where is the toggle for layer transparency.  There is no option in the styles dialogs to mess with transparency.

8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9
ChicagoLooper
in reply to: planner

Do all your points have the same color? Are you displaying your points using a theme?

Can you upload a screen shot that shows this point transparency?

Chicagolooper

EESignature

Message 3 of 9
planner
in reply to: ChicagoLooper

The scenarios I have tried are these:

A single point symbol for all points using the standard circle with a solid fill and black edge.

A themed point symbol using the standard circle with various solid fill colors and edges, including some with the fill and edgeidentically colored.

A themed point symbol with a custom symbol where I set the transparency for the fill and edge to 0.

None of these worked.

Toggling of hardware acceleration made them draw solid with no transparency but that is not really solving the problem.

Also, a different layer that has vector features draws with no transparency in the same map.  These two layers are the only data I have imported at this point.

Edit:  Added screenshot

Message 4 of 9
ChicagoLooper

To troubleshoot your situation, delete any and all themes. Make all points identical such  that all points are a single color, such as cyan, with a black outline and the same symbol, a circle. Does the transparency go away under a single color, single symbol scheme?

Chicagolooper

EESignature

Message 5 of 9
planner

Transparency is still there with a single symbol and single color.

Message 6 of 9
ChicagoLooper

Would it be possible to upload a screen shot of the Style Editor?

Point shapefile using one color and one symbol style, i.e., circle with red fill.Point shapefile using one color and one symbol style, i.e., circle with red fill.

Chicagolooper

EESignature

Message 7 of 9
planner

Here it is.  It looks opaque on the style editor but in the drawing it is transparent.

Edit:  I changed the style to red to show it a little better.

planner_1-1589910074376.png

Message 8 of 9
ChicagoLooper

Go to Plot Preview. Does the transparency show? Or is it opaque? Print a hard copy, is it transparent or opaque?

Chicagolooper

EESignature

Message 9 of 9
planner

The points are opaque in both plot preview and hard copy.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report