AutoCAD Map 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Map 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Map 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Are multiple overlapping (p)lines parallel?

2 REPLIES 2
SOLVED
Message 1 of 3
Anonymous
486 Views, 2 Replies

Are multiple overlapping (p)lines parallel?

Hello, 

I'm interested if there is a command which can check if multiple overlapping lines are parellel.

I am using AutoCAD Map 3D 2017

Labels (1)
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
ChicagoLooper
in reply to: Anonymous

Sorry, there is no command that can do that. 

BTW, many forum users and other semi-important people would like to know why you need to know that?!? Please give a detailed explanation. There might be another way to accomplish your goal WITHOUT using parallel lines.

giphy.gif

The only work-a-round would be to perform a fillet with radius=0. If you can fillet then the lines are NOT parallel. If you cannot fillet then the lines are parallel.

<<You cannot fillet parallel lines!>>

Chicagolooper

EESignature

Message 3 of 3
Anonymous
in reply to: ChicagoLooper

Many of my drawings require overlapping and adjacent rectangles. It often happens when I zoom in real close, lines aren't on top of each other, or appear not to be. Sometimes I can draw pline between two points (which were supposed to be one on top of other) but the length is 0.0000. 
I can't figure out how to avoid that problem, especially since I don't have Nearest on Object snap on.

Therefore, I would like to easily check if sides of rectangles are parallel. My current way of doing it is drawing xline and then zooming in and out like a maniac.

Thank you for the answer!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report