Community
AutoCAD LT Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD LT Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD LT topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

User Data Cache

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
Anonymous
700 Views, 3 Replies

User Data Cache

We have AutoCAD Lt on our PC's in the office and the same seat on our Laptops for when employees go out on site.

Just recently we have had a problem with the sycronisation where the server is either deleting one or the other User Data files, so losing quite a lot of files that AutoCAD needs to open up drawings and to function.

I have used this way of operating but this is the first time I have come across the above problem, is AutoCAD designed to cope with this or is it a Company server problem?  two other employees dont seem to have any issues.

Appreciate any help or thoughts given

Kind regards 

Sweeney

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
pendean
in reply to: Anonymous

Why is the server deleting user data files?
Which user data files exactly?

Where are the DWG files being lost, on the Server itself? or on User remote laptops? or on User in-office desktops?
How are the users connected to the server/office, VPN or RDP or...?
Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
in reply to: pendean

Hi,

Basically we are a small company and our IT is basically run by an outsourced IT company who quite frankly does not understand the AutoCAD requirements or software.  We have about six seats for AutoCAD LT, which are primary used in the office to draw up surveys, we have always had a Laptop with one of the AutoCAD on sharing a seat with a PC for when they the surveyor was doing an overnight stay and this never had a problem.  We are now doing the same but with three PC's/Laptops and although 2 are working fine (Touch wood) one is having problems and when my colleague starts either up the User data gets wiped.  So he loses all the Line Weights, Links, Templates, Shapes etc and AutoCAD will not open properly.  I know its difficult to say when not experiancing the problem in person whether its an AuotCAD or server problem.  I use other software on two machines (not at the same time) with one seat, and never had a problem and also used AutCAD before in this way but never encoutered this before.  

I have a feeling it is something to do the way the server is set up, but would like to knpow if anyone else has had similiar problems and how did they or there IT correct it.

The some of the User Data in the Jpg is basically wiped from both the PC and Laptop C:\?

Any thoughts or advice would be greatly appreciated

Sweeney

Message 4 of 4
pendean
in reply to: Anonymous

You need to engage your IT service to find out why files are being deleted from the server: there is nothing in AutoCAD/LT designed to do that, you have an IT issue.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report