Community
AutoCAD LT Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD LT Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD LT topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TEXT MASK ON DIMENSION TEXT

18 REPLIES 18
SOLVED
Message 1 of 19
Anonymous
52313 Views, 18 Replies

TEXT MASK ON DIMENSION TEXT

Hello.

I have a dim on top of a hatch - trying to mask dim text - selected dimension, changed fill color to BACKROUND, sent hatch to back, brought dim to front AND above object. Mask looks great in Model Space, but no mask in Paper Space. Any ideas??????

18 REPLIES 18
Message 2 of 19
pendean
in reply to: Anonymous

Show us your dwg with the layout issue in place.
Message 3 of 19
john.vellek

Hi @Anonymous,

Try doing it this way. Open your dimension style and select the Text tab. Select Background for Fill Color.

See if that performs the way you like.

Please hit the Accept as Solution button if my post fully solves your issue or answers your question.

Capture.PNG

John Vellek

Join the Autodesk Customer Council - Interact with developers, provide feedback on current and future software releases, and beta test the latest software!

Autodesk Knowledge Network | Autodesk Account | Product Feedback
Message 4 of 19
john.vellek

Hi jason.roth,

I am checking back to see if my post helped you with your problem. Please add a post with your results so other Forum users can benefit.

Please hit the Accept as Solution button if my post fully solves your issue or answers your question.

John Vellek

Join the Autodesk Customer Council - Interact with developers, provide feedback on current and future software releases, and beta test the latest software!

Autodesk Knowledge Network | Autodesk Account | Product Feedback
Message 5 of 19
Anonymous
in reply to: john.vellek

That did it. Thanks for the help

Message 6 of 19

Great solution!  Fast - direct - successful.  Thank you!

@john.vellekwrote:

Hi @Anonymous,

Try doing it this way. Open your dimension style and select the Text tab. Select Background for Fill Color.

See if that performs the way you like.

Capture.PNG

Message 7 of 19
codee
in reply to: JosephKowalski

You can do it with an override so you don't have to change the entire dim style in the properties panel.

dim properties.png

Message 8 of 19
Anonymous
in reply to: codee

Is there a way to have it keep the dim line if there is text on both the top and bottom of the dim line?

Message 9 of 19
Anonymous

yes i would to know how to fix the issue where the background fill covers the dimension line after you put in text on the bottom. it only does this to me when i use the radius dimension on solid parts. if i do this on 2D line it works fine.

Message 10 of 19
Anonymous
in reply to: codee

With the "Background Fill" for dimension text, is there an equivalent to text mask "Border Offset Factor?"

I don't want so much space around the dimension text to be masked...

Thanks 🙂

Message 11 of 19
pendean

No option.
Message 12 of 19
Anonymous
in reply to: pendean

@pendean Well that sucks, but it's good to know. Thanks for the reply!

Message 13 of 19
snava66MUX
in reply to: pendean

Hello All:

I just learned this this morning. There is a fix for the issue of the dimension mask for the 2nd text line covers the dimension line. This has been an issue for as long as i can rememeber. 

are you ready for it.... ?

DIMTEDIT , then set to centered

Message 14 of 19

good one mate!

Message 15 of 19
rlewis6J8RM
in reply to: snava66MUX

Been trying to find a solution to this for the longest time... Thank you!
Message 16 of 19
Anonymous

So I clicked on the dimension and went to the change menu to set the background color so I can mask the text. Unfortunayely my system froze and I had to CTRL-ALT-DEL to get out of Autocad. Is this a proper solution?

Message 17 of 19
hwalker

If you're talking about how to have a mask for dimension text, yes that is the proper solution

Howard Walker
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Left Handed and Proud

Message 18 of 19
Anonymous
in reply to: hwalker

Thanks, wanted to be sure. It worked after I rebooted Autocad, 1st time everything froze.
Message 19 of 19
mikeVLJRL
in reply to: john.vellek

I had this same issue and this tip worked great!  Thanks!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

Technology Administrators