Community
AutoCAD LT Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD LT Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD LT topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Text changing size and/or font, from customer to me.

12 REPLIES 12
SOLVED
Message 1 of 13
Anonymous
1291 Views, 12 Replies

Text changing size and/or font, from customer to me.

First of all i haven't been using AutoCAD much in a long time.

So i'm going to work in tandem with a Customer doing simple 2D drawing. I have a newly installed AutoCAD LT, i believe they have a full version AutoCAD. So all i did was to open the drawing i did no editing. And some of the text inside a block seems to be a bit to big. They are using Ariel Narrow,  it is a standard font which i believe should be included. Do i need to download this pacific font, and where would i find it? Can a shadow of a old Block from a old drawing be messing with current block?  It is vital the drawings remain the same.

Labels (2)
12 REPLIES 12
Message 2 of 13
h_s_walker
in reply to: Anonymous

The font size should not be changing. Arial Narrow is a standard windows font.

Can you post a screenshot of what the customers sees and what you see so we can compare them side by side.

Howard Walker
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Left Handed and Proud

Message 3 of 13
RSomppi

@Anonymous wrote:

And some of the text inside a block seems to be a bit to big. 

First step is to verify that this is not as intended. If it is, then you don't need to address it. If not, the solution could be as simple as changing the text height.

Message 4 of 13
Anonymous

So the block appears to have the correct Font and setup. The problem may be with the PDF export, i'm getting some odd auto generated comets on the problem texts. And i seam to be missing a custom Plot style table for the layout. I'm working on getting it, but i'm not sure it will fix it.

example.png

Capture_4.PNG

Skjermbilde2.PNG

Message 5 of 13
Anonymous
in reply to: h_s_walker

So The plot style Table did not work.

But the more i look at it i seam to be missing Arial Narrow. If i make a new drawing i can find many different Arial types except the Narrow. When exporting to PDF the error messages indicate missing SHX Text.

Message 6 of 13
h_s_walker

Ask them to use ETRANSMIT to send the drawing to you and get them to click TRANSMITTAL SETUPS and make sure the INLCUDE FONTS box is ticked. That will create a zip file which includes the font they're using. See the image below.

Capture.JPG

Howard Walker
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Left Handed and Proud

Message 7 of 13
Anonymous
in reply to: h_s_walker

So compering my font list and my customers font list. it is different i have fonts they dont have and they have fonts like Ariel Narrow i don't have.  How can this be? There must be a solution. 

Message 8 of 13
h_s_walker

Arial Narrow is a windows font. You can download it from the web. A quick google got the following site

Arial Narrow - free font download on AllFont.net

Howard Walker

EESignature

Left Handed and Proud

Message 9 of 13
pendean

@Anonymous your PC, your fonts, your task to ensure they are all included.

Assuming you looked in the correct place for Arial Narrow (C:\Windows\Fonts) and assuming the spelling difference (ARIEL NARROW) does not mean they used a completely custom option that they need to share with you.

>>>...There must be a solution. ...<<<
One more time with the answer to that question https://forums.autodesk.com/t5/autocad-lt-forum/text-changing-size-and-or-font-from-customer-to-me/m-p/10727716#M192220
Message 10 of 13
Anonymous
in reply to: pendean

Didn't know AutoCAD wold get fonts from windows i was fullyfocust on fonts in AutoCAD and in shx format.

Thanks that is a relief. 

Message 11 of 13
pendean
Message 12 of 13
Anonymous

I remember seeing that page early on. i guess i skimmed it a bit to quickly. Perhaps a quick list of supported font types might have tipped me in the right direction.  At the time i wasn't even sure i was missing the font. In autoCAD the settings in the drawing i received looked to be correct including the correct font. it was only when exporting to pdf it gave me a vague hint it was missing.

Message 13 of 13
pendean

I wonder if you turned this off in the past as a mistake to "speed" startup and finding a nesd to know more about your files from others 

pendean_0-1635780681507.png

Turn back on in OPTIONS command

pendean_1-1635780768952.png

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report