Community
AutoCAD LT Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD LT Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD LT topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Setup doesn't start

6 REPLIES 6
SOLVED
Message 1 of 7
Anonymous
1993 Views, 6 Replies

Setup doesn't start

Hello,

I'm trying to install AutoCAD LT 2015 in Windows 8.1. Actually it's a Mac with a Parallels virtual machine.

When I started Setup.exe it failed because of missing msvcp110.dll and msvcr110.dll files. I found the files on the DVD an copied them to the System32 and SysWOW64 folder. But now:

1. Click the Setup.exe
  2. Windows asks for permission, I tell em to execute
  3. The DVD drive starts spinning fast
  4. A process called "COM Surrogate" is startet 3 times
  5. after some seconds the DVD drive stops spinning and the "COM Surrogate"-proccesses disappear.

That's it! No Error, no entry in the event log or anything that would help me to find the problem. Does anyone have an idea what to do now?

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
pendean
in reply to: Anonymous
Message 3 of 7
Anonymous
in reply to: pendean

I deleted the files that I copied before and installed the Visual C++ distributed 64 bit. Still got the msvcp110.dll error. After installing the 32 bit Version the error was gone. Now it is the same as before, the Setup doesn't start at all.

Are there any known Problems with virtual machines? It seems to work fine on an Windows PC.

Message 4 of 7
pendean

Parallels should work fine and probably does but it does to pose unique problems for many around here.

Any reason you don't want to run the MAC version of LT2015 natively on the MAC OS? AFAIK you get it for free as part of the LT2015 purchase subscription.
Message 5 of 7
Anonymous
in reply to: pendean

I preferred the Windows Version because I didn't find a German Mac Version.

I solved the problem by downloading the free trial and installed it with my Product Key.

Message 6 of 7
Anonymous

how to install without opening setup?

Message 7 of 7
pendean

You can't.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

Technology Administrators