Community
AutoCAD LT Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD LT Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD LT topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Randomly pop-up autopulish windows

30 REPLIES 30
SOLVED
Message 1 of 31
Anonymous
3694 Views, 30 Replies

Randomly pop-up autopulish windows

Hello!

I have a problem with my AutiCAD LT. While i work, the Auto-Publish windows randomly times pop-up. It's opening in a separate windows. Any idea for the solution?

Thanks,

Stumi

Labels (2)
30 REPLIES 30
Message 2 of 31
cadffm
in reply to: Anonymous

Hi,

what is the problem?

a) While i work, the Auto-Publish windows randomly times pop-up.

b) It's opening in a separate windows.

Autopublish is ON and you want this setting?

What is your Options/Plot & Publish setting, Autopublish at SAVE, OPEN, With or without User prompt?

Sebastian

EESignature

Message 3 of 31
Anonymous
in reply to: cadffm

Hello,

Thank you the answare!!! Here is the problem:

issue.jpgissue2.jpg

This windows pop-up into my face while i working, and yes, it's opening in a separeted window, because it's run as an other taks in windows. The autopublish settings is on, i use this feature with "promt on close" options. I have been using AutoCAD for 5 years, this is the first time I have had such a problem.

Message 4 of 31
pendean

Is this a sudden new problem? You wrote "5-years", so what is new all of a sudden with your setup?

What does ABOUT command list as your LT version?
What is your OS?
What is triggering the pop-up? Find out, it has to be either a command you are using just before or a timing (after x amount of minutes precisely all the time)?
Message 5 of 31
cadffm

Q1: Which files autopub? I guess a) all opened or b) all opened except the active one?

Q2: Still a problem with on one file opend?

Q3: Depending on SAVETIME? ( if isavepercent is on)

Sebastian

EESignature

Message 6 of 31
Anonymous
in reply to: pendean

@pendean wrote:
Is this a sudden new problem? You wrote "5-years", so what is new all of a sudden with your setup?

What does ABOUT command list as your LT version?
What is your OS?
What is triggering the pop-up? Find out, it has to be either a command you are using just before or a timing (after x amount of minutes precisely all the time)?

Yes, a new problem. Nothing, I didn't change my settings in a past 4 years (so, that is why i don't understand this problem).

What does ABOUT command list as your LT version? What exactly do you mean?
What is your OS? Windows 10 Pro.

Yesterday I tested, and i find out, the pop up coming out most often when i open a DWG file, or open block editor in the DWG file. Fun-fact: the pop-ups close automatically a few minutes later.

Message 7 of 31
Anonymous

@cadffm wrote:

Q1: Which files autopub? I guess a) all opened or b) all opened except the active one?

Q2: Still a problem with on one file opend?

Q3: Depending on SAVETIME? ( if isavepercent is on)

Q1: It can pop up at any moment, doesn't matter, what i like to do 😄 When i click 'yes', it does nothing, just like i click no.

Q2: Does not matter how many files open.

Q3: Do you mean autosave? I turned it off, set in 10 min or 1 min interval, does not take any effect.

Maybe it cause a wrong DWG/DXF file? But it how is possible? I save my files in a new version of DWG or DXF.

Message 8 of 31
cadffm

"What exactly do you mean?"

Generally

A B O U T is a command, start this command and you can see the ProductNAME(s) and ProductVERSION(s).

For AutoCAD &LT you have one Productname/version, for Toolset you will find multiple.

The best way to share is a screenshot.

In this case, please post productname,version, AND

Command: _vernum

Feedback (_Vernum is often the Productnumber, but depending of installed Hotfixes, not)

BEDIT:

Makes a bit sense, because AutoCAD creates a new documents, by BCLOSE it close the temporary document.

Sebastian

EESignature

Message 9 of 31
cadffm

"Maybe it cause a wrong DWG/DXF file? But it how is possible? I save my files in a new version of DWG or DXF."

That's why i asked about the files, 

Only one new created and saved file open.. same problem?

I think this problem is not unique and we will find a solution.

I am going googling 🙂

Sebastian

EESignature

Message 10 of 31
Anonymous

Command: _Vernum
_VERNUM = "R.119.0.0 (UNICODE)" (read only)

issue1.jpg

My steps: I close my files. Open to try it with a new and totaly empty file, pop ups coming, so it's a same problem. I was created a block, the popup coming, open block editor, same result...

After that, i closed autocad, but the pop ups didnt closed! They live independent life 😂

So, i opened AutoCAD LT again, create a new file, create blocks, editing blocks, and it's work fine.

Conclusion: i think, the problems is in my DWG/DXF files, and they do something wrong, with my autocad (because after i close my files, and open new ones, the issue stay until i restart the software). What should i do?

Message 11 of 31
cadffm

>>" What should i do?"

Please test a bit more to "make sure" it has to do with your files.

If so: Share one or more files, so we can try to reproduce the issue and checking what the problem is.

Another information what would be useful is: Any ObjectEnablers installed?

Windows Features and Program

Use the filter in upper right Corner: *enabler*

Sebastian

EESignature

Message 12 of 31
Anonymous

Okay, thank you! I'll test for a few days, to "make sure" 🙂 I'll be back in a few days!!!!

No, i don't have any ObjectEnabler.

Message 13 of 31
pendean

>>>...Yes, a new problem. Nothing, I didn't change my settings in a past 4 years...<<<
Err, LT2021 was not out 4-years ago, so there goes that theory 🙂
What else are you assuming did not change with your setup or files or file storage locations or your PC or OS or added/removed software?

Did this start after you installed the LT2021.1 update? or since you installed LT2021? I cannot replicate it here.
As a test, only a test, turn off SAVETIME for a day and see if your issue goes away https://knowledge.autodesk.com/support/autocad-lt/learn-explore/caas/CloudHelp/cloudhelp/2019/ENU/Au...

Message 14 of 31
Anonymous
in reply to: pendean

Yes, you are right, but i wrote, I have been using AutoCAD for 5 years, not AutoCAD LT 🙂 I've only been using LT for a few months, and this problem comes in a last few weeks. Before the problem comes, i used LT some weeks without any problem with my settings (keyshortcuts, color options, osnap setting... and same things).

I tested it on other computer, a full version of autocad too, and i with my files produced a same problem. So i think, a problem is in my files, but i don't know how i did it. I created a DWG file with a new feature: it is can open pop-up windows outside of Autocad 🤣 It's sound terrifying.

Should i attach the strange file?

Message 15 of 31
cadffm

@Anonymous wrote: Should i attach the strange file?

Yes, I've been waiting since Friday 🙂

Sebastian

EESignature

Message 16 of 31
Anonymous

If this files not produce this issue, i will send another.

Message 17 of 31
cadffm

@Anonymous 

1. It has nothing to do with you files.

2. It is a bug in Update 2021.1

3. I will describe it after two more tests 

Sebastian

EESignature

Message 18 of 31
cadffm

Please start an AutoDESK - EMAIL SUPPORT CASE,

and add a link to this thread.

AutoCAD Updates 2021.1 (R118 and R119 versions) brings with a problem

AUTOPUB setting, Acad LT/ACAD (and so, nased on ACAD also all toolsets)

http://help.autodesk.com/view/ACD/2021/ENU/?guid=GUID-0A0DDEBA-5FF8-4ACF-A58F-589456535A53

Option: "Prompt on Close (Publishes when the drawing is prompted to close) "

1. If you used BLOCK or BEDIT command earlier in the session

2. AutoCAD (in this case the accoreconsole engine) ask about to autopub with every SAVE/SAVEAS command!

It's not filetype or fileformat depending, also not file content.

3. How to see what i talk about:

- Set up your 2021(.1) to use AUTOPUBL with the setting "Prompt on Close",

(my other settring are PDF / Multipage / Model /incl. Layer, Linemerge  -my i know it isn't the only combination with this problem )

I am not sure about you need to leave an restart Acad, try it or re-start ACAD, then follow the next steps:

-Open 2021.1, (R118 or R119, ACAD LT or ACAD, or any toolset based on it)

- Open an existing file [extisting file: Because of i don't write explanation for new-file and specially not for DXF-files-inolderversions]

-Use QSAVE ! to see that there isn't a problem at this point with QSAVE

Create a block by command BLOCK use one time BEDIT/BSAVE/BCLOSE

Try it again: QSAVE

And?

Note: It's possible that you have to wait some seconds.. (for an "empty" file ~5-20sec)

one eyes on taskmanager

and/or taskbar

will show the new task from ACC with the Publish-Question (AutoPublish= yes/no ?)

But the  setting is: PROMPT ON CLOSE, not "Prompt on Save"..

And without started BEDIT or BLOCK command in this session, it is also not a problem.

With 2021.0.0 it is never problem.

I could give more data, but nothing would change and unfortunately I don't get any money for it,
Somebody at Autodesk has to take it easy
including the other variants (a DXF saved in an older format, for example)

Sebastian

Sebastian

EESignature

Message 19 of 31
cadffm

LOL

and another issue appears now: I disabled the autopubl feature... and it is still "working" in case of the bug (after block/bedit usage and then qsave)

Sebastian

EESignature

Message 20 of 31
hgaitang

Hello Stumi.

I have the same issue and it's really, really, really annoying.

I have found out that it is directly related with the new Block Insert dialogue. What I believe is that all those previews of blocks somehow generate a dwg instance when being displayed and when these instances are eliminated AutoCAD behaves as if it was closing a file and thus prompting the Auto Plot dialogue window.

This is only deduction, to be honest, I am not programming nor AutoCAD customization expert as the other people that has commented on this thread looks to me.

My partial soulition was first to edit my aliases and create a new shortcut to *CLASSICINSERT, I used "II" and for a while kept the "I" for the new Block Insert Manager. However, every now and then I would hit "I" by accident and then have the pop-up window constantly appearing again, even after closing AutoCAD!

So, just today, I decided to definitely cancel the Block Insert and set "I" as an alias for *CLASSICINSERT. 

I say partial solution because the problem is still there, if I decided to go back to the new Insert Manager (which I don't think I will to be honest), the pop-up window will be back too.

I hope Autodesk developers are already aware of this bug and come with a solution soon, meanwhile I'll stick to the good old (but simple and useful) *CLASSICINSTERT dialogue.

About the new Insert Manager: from all the new features AutoCAD has been adding to the software lately, this is the one I really don't understand. Not only it has this bug we have been writing about, but I am not too keen to be previewing all the blocks contained in a drawing every time I want to insert a block, it is a slow process and resource consuming. Definitely not a great improvement, at least not for me. 

I find interesting how it is very common that the first answers to threads are on the “it must be something you are doing” vibe.

I hope this throws some more light on the issue.

Just for the record, I am an AutoCAD draughtsman fully dedicated to the Events Industry. Since 2004 AutoCAD has been my main tool for working. Not an expert, but advanced level user for sure.

Saludos.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

Technology Administrators