Community
AutoCAD LT Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD LT Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD LT topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pres/Owner ICS, Inc.

8 REPLIES 8
Message 1 of 9
Anonymous
471 Views, 8 Replies

Pres/Owner ICS, Inc.

I am new to AutoCad Lt. I have use AutoCad 2007 and earlier versions. I have received a drawing that I can't select any objects to explode or edit in anyway. It appears to be protected. How do I unlock this drawing so I can edit it?

8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9
steven-g
in reply to: Anonymous

Drawings cannot be locked for editing, so you have something else happening. Can you post the file so we can take a look, or open up the properties palette and see what type of object you have selected, could it be an Xref or maybe even just an image that has been attached into the drawing.

Message 3 of 9
pendean

Is it a block?
Or an XREF?
Or you are outside of a viewport in paperspace?

If you really don't know, post that DWG file here, its way quicker than playing 1000 questions.

TIA
Message 4 of 9
Anonymous
in reply to: pendean

It appears the entire drawing is an attached reference on the owners border paper. I can edit the border paper but not the drawing. When select the "Reference" tools, it shows up as a reference. I have ask them to send me the drawing in a format that will allow me to change/edit it. I have to provide "As Built" drawings to the owner. I do not own the drawings so I can not send it out.

Thanks,
Wendell Morgan Sr.
Message 5 of 9
Anonymous
in reply to: steven-g

It appears the entire drawing is an attached reference on the owners border paper. I can edit the border paper but not the drawing. When selecting the "Reference" tools, The name of the drawing shows up as a reference. I have ask them to send me the drawing in a format that will allow me to change/edit it. I have to provide "As Built" drawings to the owner. I do not own the drawings so I can not send it out.

Thanks,
Wendell Morgan Sr.
Message 6 of 9
steven-g

In order for you to see the reference it has to be on your computer. You can use the REFEDIT command to edit that file or look in the reference manager to see the location of the file and open that file.

Message 7 of 9
Anonymous

The only place thing on my computer is the drawing itself and it is in a separate file from AutoCad. I tried the REFEDIT and it would not pick/select any item on the drawing either.

Thanks,
Wendell Morgan Sr.
Message 8 of 9
steven-g

Then it isn't a reference. Can you post a screenshot of your screen showing the properties palette when you select the object you are looking at?

Message 9 of 9
Anonymous

I have received another drawings that works right.

Thanks,
Wendell Morgan Sr.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

Technology Administrators