Community
AutoCAD LT Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD LT Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD LT topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Plotter depiction to thick/ print to PDF too thick

17 REPLIES 17
SOLVED
Message 1 of 18
Anonymous
1001 Views, 17 Replies

Plotter depiction to thick/ print to PDF too thick

Just the other day I wasn't having any issues, but suddenly when I attempted Print to PDF the PDF Line thickness was to large. I know Its not my drawing due to opening previous drawings that printed correctly and them having the same issue. anyone have any ideas of how to fix this?

17 REPLIES 17
Message 2 of 18
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

This is  snip from the PDF after print

Message 3 of 18
pendean

You are still asking for line weights from the program, here this time

Capture.PNG

Message 4 of 18
Anonymous
in reply to: pendean

I need to plot with Line weights, the issue is that When I print off of my Autocad this issue occurs, yet when I print from another computer using identical settings it prints correctly. I use the same template with specified line weights for multiple drawings and they have all worked correctly until now. Is there any other way to affect line weights other than altering them in layers? I'm also printing with No plot style.

Message 5 of 18
steven-g

Have you recently updated either WIndows or Autocad? Talking of updates do you have the latest update for Autocad?

What is your Autocad version and Windows OS?

Message 6 of 18
Anonymous
in reply to: steven-g

I havent updated either recently but i believe I have the most current version of autocad. I have autocadLT 2020 and Win 10

Message 7 of 18
pendean

>>>>..I need to plot with Line weights...<<<
OK, but are they the correct settings for your plot scale/sheet size?

Post your problem CAD file, if we cannot repeat it then something on your PC needs cloning from the other PC where everything works well.

Message 8 of 18
Anonymous

Yeah, I've printed using this exact sheet size, scale, plot area and plot options before with no issues. The only difference I can see is that that image showing the relative print in now very messed up. I think I either messed some plotter setting up not on that page setup window.

Message 9 of 18
Anonymous

unfortunately not allowed to post the file, But I have sent the exact file to a co workers computer and he was able to print it with no issues. I even double checked all settings. The only difference was that relative plot image

Message 10 of 18
Anonymous

I created a blank file with a couple lines to show the problem. I attached the CAD, PDF, and Settings i used.

Message 11 of 18
Anonymous

this is what the pdf should look like

Message 12 of 18
pendean

How old a version of AurtoCAD/LT are you running? This is what PLOT command brings up in your FILE on my PC, see the differences

Capture.PNG

Message 13 of 18
Anonymous

I forgot to mention we save our files in the 2013 version sorry! (and unfortunately I need to do that as well)

Message 14 of 18
pendean

That has nothing to do with what I wrote in my last reply or asked you about: try again?

Or simply chose another PDF driver, you've got something else going on there.
Message 15 of 18
Anonymous

I am using 2020LT but the file is saved in 2013

Message 16 of 18
Anonymous

I was using the page settings, this is what comes up using the plot command

Message 17 of 18
pendean

Can you chose another PDF driver to test? AutoCAD comes with 5 total.

Or do you just need to reset LT2020 back to factory settings to remove all that you migrated from an older version as explained here https://knowledge.autodesk.com/support/autocad/troubleshooting/caas/sfdcarticles/sfdcarticles/How-to...

Message 18 of 18
Anonymous

I reset to default and its working again, Thank you!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

Technology Administrators