Community
AutoCAD LT Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD LT Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD LT topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PAN without Wheel

9 REPLIES 9
SOLVED
Message 1 of 10
Anonymous
6721 Views, 9 Replies

PAN without Wheel

How to PAN without press&hold the wheel mouse button ?

Is there a way to hold,  let say SHIFT instead  wheel?

Or ...  Hold&press Right mouse button for PAN.  But same time keep RMB for menu

Thanks!

There is no secret that PAN is probably the second most used function after ZOOM. 

If you work with AutoCAD you probably use it thousands times per day!

Please note that  the mouse wheel is way smaller!  no good. I would say it is kinda painful.

9 REPLIES 9
Message 2 of 10
steven-g
in reply to: Anonymous

If you use the 'PAN' command then it allows you to use the left mouse button, but you do need to press escape when finished to exit the command.

Turn on the NAVBAR to have the floating palette so that PAN is easy to access with your mouse.

Message 3 of 10
Anonymous
in reply to: steven-g

I noticed that there is 2 PAN  states .  when hand flying and when hand holds.

Is there somehow to activate second HAND state  by pressing and holding  a key on a keyboard.

1.PNG

Message 4 of 10
steven-g

Not that I know of, the second of your images is what you see when the PAN command is active, the first image is shown when you are physically panning either with the middle mouse button or with the left mouse button when the 'PAN' command is active. The middle mouse button doesn't start a different version of pan it is just a conveinient shortcut method that bypasses having to find the PAN command and then cancel it.

You could always just start the PAN command with the 'p' key followed by <enter> or <space>. And then <Esc>, <Enter> or <Space> will exit the command just as quickly.

Message 5 of 10
pendean

-PAN (there is a dash in the name) is what you seek, always been there, still is through the 2021s.
Message 6 of 10
steven-g

Did any of these ideas help at all. There isn't really a way to reproduce the 'pan' action of the middle mouse wheel, I think the best you could do would be try the other methods and start to train 'muscle memory'.

Message 7 of 10
Anonymous
in reply to: steven-g

i got 3dconnexion mouse . this mouse has middle button (beside the wheel)  that does work as PAN.

Its acceptable workaround. 

And i try to use zoom in <--->zoom out    instead of Pan  .  Rarely Pan, on a short distances, so we good.

Can live with that.

Message 8 of 10
Anonymous

You can use space button to activate and deactivate handpen after enter PAN command

Message 9 of 10
riazhussain1

ANY IDEA USZING PAN AND ZOOM SAME TIME ON LAPTOP PAD

Message 10 of 10
pendean
in reply to: riazhussain1

@riazhussain1 wrote:

ANY IDEA USZING PAN AND ZOOM SAME TIME ON LAPTOP PAD

Depending on your brand of laptop with touchpads for mouse control, pinching two fingers together or apart is ZOOM in/out, two or three fingers dragging is PAN. Your Windows version and pad settings may be able to let you do more.

But since not all laptops are the same, your use may vary significantly.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

Technology Administrators