Community
AutoCAD LT Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD LT Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD LT topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

lt 2017 HP Designjet 500 Plotter driver?

28 REPLIES 28
SOLVED
Message 1 of 29
rudhamstile
32429 Views, 28 Replies

lt 2017 HP Designjet 500 Plotter driver?

Great. All set and ready to work with subscription and Win10 etc..then find my HP driver HP 500 driver for some reason doesnt work!

So now do I have to buy another plotter?!!! Every time I upgrade Autocad I get driver issues. What other programme ever does this? I suppose Autodesk blames HP and vise versa; conveniently leaving us Users to be scammed again with another purchase. I may as well back save my work to Lt 12 and get on with earning a living.Smiley Mad

28 REPLIES 28
Message 2 of 29
john.vellek
in reply to: rudhamstile

Hi @rudhamstile,

Upgrades can sometimes be challenging. I looked up your plotter on HP's site and it is not on their list of devices approved to work with Windows 10. HP Printers

Since this is the case, I see that other Community Members have had some success by unsinstalling their device-specific driver and then installing the HP Universal print driver. HP Customer Support - Software and Driver Downloads

I think this might be a possible solution for you. Please let me know if it helps or not so others can see the results of your implementation.

Please hit the Accept as Solution button if my post fully solves your issue or answers your question.

John Vellek

Join the Autodesk Customer Council - Interact with developers, provide feedback on current and future software releases, and beta test the latest software!

Autodesk Knowledge Network | Autodesk Account | Product Feedback
Message 3 of 29
pendean

The print-plot forum has many topics on the HP500 and what others have tried to get it to work: start your search there http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/printing-and-plotting/bd-p/30
Message 4 of 29
john.vellek
in reply to: pendean

Good morning @rudhamstile,

I am checking back to see if my proposed solution has fixed your plotter issue or if you had proceeded to check the Printing forum for other answers?

Please let me know the status so other users can benefit from your results.

Please hit the Accept as Solution button if my post fully solves your issue or answers your question.

John Vellek

Join the Autodesk Customer Council - Interact with developers, provide feedback on current and future software releases, and beta test the latest software!

Message 5 of 29
rudhamstile
in reply to: pendean

NO! it certainly hasn't!. Right now I am most
definitely having an awful time trying to manage
my Clients expectations coping with this complete
disaster created between Autodesk and Hewlet
Packard. I am now in the process of cancelling
this subscription and returning to 2012 where at
least I can continue to earn a ****ing living

Good day

Richard Smith. Architect.

5 Rudham Stile Lane

Fakenham, Norfolk, NR21 8JL

Tel: 07880 553706 (recommended) or 01328 863288
(office)

E-mail:
richards@richarch.co.uk

Web: richarch.co.uk
Message 6 of 29
john.vellek

Richard, 

I feel terrible that you are having continued difficulties with the plotter issue. I should point out that since Hewlett Packard discontinued this model quite some time ago (more than four operating systems ago), that if the Universal Driver does not rectify the situation, then perhaps dropping back to an older version of AutoCAD and Windows OS might very well be the best solution for you.

I do encourage you to check the Printing/Plotting forum as well.

John Vellek

Tags (1)
Message 7 of 29
john.vellek
in reply to: john.vellek

Hi @rudhamstile,

I understand that some individuals have had success using HPGL drivers by AutoCAD for older HP plotters. Let me know if you would like to explore this option and I can do some more internal research on the problem.

John Vellek

Message 8 of 29
pendean

Message 9 of 29
Anonymous

I am having this same issue. HP does have a driver this printer that works in Windows 10. It works fine with every other program but AutoCAD 2015 and 2017. (even AutoCAD 2012) This indicates to me that it is an Autodesk problem. The temporary workaround is to print to pdf and print that.
Message 10 of 29
rudhamstile

Its an Autodesk and Hp collaboration issue which
wont be resolved as 'they' simply want you to buy
another plotter. I just cancelled my subscription
for a few years and have stuck with 2012 on Win10
which isn't much different to 2017 anyway.

Message 11 of 29
wlsjr

Late to the game, but have had the same issue with my excellent HP Designjet 500. I too, unfortunately am running windows 10; as well as AutoCad LT 2017. I have muddled through the forums and discussions over the last two days, only to find no real solution. So I tried something that, for what it is worth, and it worked. I like other was going to have to purchase new plotter and who really wants to do that. So I went ahead and downloaded the driver for the new plotter that I was going to order, "was". I deleted all previous versions of the HP 500, installed the latest HP Designjet T520, "hpdjt520serieswx64gl.exe". I know this sounds weird. But once I installed a new printer in yucky windows 10 and keyed over to these file locations, my antique HP designjet 500 on windows 10 and AutoCad LT 2017, came alive and starting plotting. Two days and wild thought. Hope this helps others.

Message 12 of 29
rudhamstile
in reply to: wlsjr

That's great to know! Please keep us informed or updated. I fear a future 'Hotfix' will upset this solution - or am I being too cynical!

Message 13 of 29
Anonymous

Can you specify if your HP JD500 has a HPGL/2 card? Are you connecting with USB or through Ethernet (network)? Also can you specify the model you selected in the driver?

Message 14 of 29
wlsjr
in reply to: Anonymous

HP DesignJet 500, with the HPGL/2 Card installed. Working with an ethernet cable. I downloaded the latest HP Designjet T520, "hpdjt520serieswx64gl.exe". It really did work and still is, even after several "hotfix" have been installed. We just know they don't want us using our old machines........

Message 15 of 29
Anonymous

Great, thanks a lot. Just ordered a HPGL/2 card off eBay. Hopefully I'll end up with the same result as you!

Amazingly, this DJ500 has lasted over 12 years, even without regular maintenance. Hope we can get a few more years out of it before it's finally retired.

Thanks,

Jim

Message 16 of 29
Anonymous

I have HP designjet 500, i once used as it was install in my compunter only with win7 im fine with that, but my compunter got problem i had to rei install the system. now i cant used my only printer the only income i have for the moment. is any one can help me with SETUP and INSTALLATION CD?

Message 17 of 29
Anonymous

Would help me with installation Cd please, if you have yours

Message 18 of 29
Anonymous

is anyone can help me please with installation cd for HP DESIGNJET 500

Message 19 of 29
wlsjr

If I am ready your thread correctly, your still running windows 7, correct. You may have some difficulty finding the drivers, since MS stop supporting it in January of 2015. Most of us, unwilling moved to latest operating systems to keep things running. What version of AutoCAD are you running as well? Need to know a few more important issues before thoughts on assistance can be given.

Message 20 of 29
Anonymous

Thanks you lots for replying; yes I'm using window 7; but I can moved to
newer version like win8 if they will be ways for me to install the printer;
all it about any system that can work with my hp designjet 500. For
autocad, I don't have expressive ones I only used Photoshop mostly because
it ease to use. The big issue I have is to find installation Cd because I
lost the one I had; I tried 3 days and night to download from Hp web site;
without success; I tried also some web nothing worked; please if you can
help I will appreciate a lots

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report