Community
AutoCAD LT Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD LT Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD LT topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lost the colours box pop-up!

13 REPLIES 13
SOLVED
Message 1 of 14
Laura_Bentle
1153 Views, 13 Replies

Lost the colours box pop-up!

I have tried everything now and I cannot for the life of me get the box that pops up when you click more colours to re-appear! Anyone got any ideas? I've tried changing the screen resolution and following an autocad guide but nothing has worked. Desperately need it back...

I even uninstalled and reinstalled the programme and nothing... I click the 'more colours' tab and the box opens but its off the screen somewhere, I've even tried messing with the CUI but it doesn't seem to have it's own tab.  

Anyone got any ideas please?! 

13 REPLIES 13
Message 2 of 14
cadffm
in reply to: Laura_Bentle

try this

v1) click to "more colors"

[win]+[Shift]+[->]

the last one is the left or right Arrows-Key

or the standard way

v2) click to "more colors"

[ALT]+[SPACE]

[M]

[->]

now, move your mouse around in cicles - without pressing any key

Sebastian

EESignature

Message 3 of 14
hwalker

The link below offers some suggestions. Also have you used two screens? Plug in a second screen and see if it appears on that. Then just drag and drop it back onto your primary screen

4 Ways to Bring an Off Screen Window Back on Windows - wikiHow

Howard Walker
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Left Handed and Proud

Message 4 of 14
Laura_Bentle
in reply to: cadffm

Gave this a go and it's recognising the pop-up is there but endless mouse circles haven't made it re-appear!!!! 

Message 5 of 14
Laura_Bentle
in reply to: hwalker

Tried all of these and no luck. I have tried with the second screen plugged in and not too...! Might have to try on my other second screen in the office which might be slightly bigger

Message 6 of 14
cadffm

Did you see the cursor at any point during the circles?
Then you can stop circling - the dialog should hang on the cursor.
Try again with the RENAME dialog,
once you've successfully tested it there -> you know how it works 

and try again with the COLOR dialog.

Q: Type in COLOR<enter>

the dialog don't appears, right?

And also the commandline is not asking for a color-number  [F2] ?

Sebastian

EESignature

Message 7 of 14
pendean

@Laura_Bentle Q: is your program window maximized?

Also, did you recently change from multiple screens? Or change display settings?
Message 8 of 14
Laura_Bentle
in reply to: cadffm

I saw the cursor which was a 'grab' like symbol but when I stopped moving the cursor nothing appeared.
Message 9 of 14
Laura_Bentle
in reply to: pendean

I change between two different screen's that are my second screen, if that makes sense. One at home, one at the office, although I haven't had problems until now. I've been this way for a few months

Message 10 of 14
pendean

@Laura_Bentle wrote:

I change between two different screen's that are my second screen, if that makes sense. One at home, one at the office, although I haven't had problems until now. I've been this way for a few months

Good to know: along with the changes, did you also implement some sort of text scaling?

What where the display resolutions on both?

What is your OS? if Windows10, try the highlighted cascading tips here https://desitsupport4u.des.wa.gov/hc/en-us/articles/360000289614-Move-a-Lost-Off-Screen-Window-Back-... 

Then try creating a "virtual screen" to navigate around (and so much more if you continue on in this page)

https://edu.gcfglobal.org/en/windows10/tips-for-managing-multiple-windows/1/#:~:text=Virtual%20deskt....

Ultimately, the real fix: create an all new OS login, test, if the problem goes away, abandon your old login. Ask your IT folks or an IT-savvy friend to help you with the transition. Assuming you have already opened a support case with Autodesk if you are on subscription to seek out Autodesk Support's help but got nowhere:
https://knowledge.autodesk.com/customer-service/account-management/users-software/support-options/we...

HTH

Message 11 of 14
Laura_Bentle

Hi all, thank you for your help, unfortunately none of these methods have bought the box back. I have tried on different screen's too and changing the resolution of both. Any more ideas?! 

Message 12 of 14
cadffm

Close all programs, except AutoCAD LT.

[F2] to open the Textscreen

Command: COLOR<enter>

And now, press [Print] [Prt] or whatever your key for PrintScreen is labled.

Start Paint and paste your screenshot or go another way to share a Screenshot of the whole Display

while Textscreen is open.

You might recognize something in the picture that you can investigate.

Sebastian

EESignature

Message 13 of 14
pendean

@Laura_Bentle wrote:

....Any more ideas?! 

Open a support case with Autodesk if you are on subscription to seek out Autodesk Support's help:
https://knowledge.autodesk.com/customer-service/account-management/users-software/support-options/we... 

HTH

Message 14 of 14
Laura_Bentle

Thank you for all of your help. The issue was resolved by updating the programme with the update (from about 2 months ago) and the box has re-appeared. 

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

Technology Administrators