Community
AutoCAD LT Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD LT Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD LT topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Items pasted from old file to new paste 'flat' rather than 2D

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
Anonymous
871 Views, 3 Replies

Items pasted from old file to new paste 'flat' rather than 2D

new poster

I've recently upgraded from autoCAD 2015 to autoCAD lite 2018 and so some teething issues may be expected. i have a file from which I've extracted objects from before using my old version of autoCAD into a new file and this worked as expected. However since i have installed the newer autoCAD lite exported 2D objects from the original file lose all scale in the Y-axis and appear as a line along the X-axis. I've tried setting ISUNITS to 'zero' and saving the original file to the latest version to see if that allows the objects to copy as they should however i haven't managed to find a solution yet. 

attached are two images of how to object is in the original file and how it is pasting in the new file for further explanation.

Screenshot 2017-08-11 10.56.50.pngScreenshot 2017-08-11 10.58.06.png

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
steven-g
in reply to: Anonymous

LT still has all 3 axis, it sounds as though you just need to make sure which way is up, in the original file make sure that the X and Y axis are paralel to the screen when you copy, and in the new file ensure that UCS is world before you paste, I would guess that in the original files the UCS is possibly set to front (which is what your screen shot suggests), but the only way to know for sure is to post the actual drawing files. In the original change the UCS to "view" before copying the geometry. Hopoefully coming from full Autocad you do know how to alter the UCS without getting lost.

Message 3 of 4
hwalker

The Top image is either a left/right or front/back view. The bottom image is a top view which is why your paste looks "flat" if you change the bottom view to the same as the top view you will see your objects in their normal position.

Howard Walker
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Left Handed and Proud

Message 4 of 4
pendean

See your screenshots below for the likely problem

Capture.JPG

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

Technology Administrators