Community
AutoCAD LT Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD LT Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD LT topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Polar Tracking switching off

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
stephenP66RM
681 Views, 4 Replies

Polar Tracking switching off

Hi,

I'm using AutoCAD LT 2011 F.51.0.0. on Windows 7 (professional)

This issue happens intermittently (i.e. I can go weeks without it occurring, but when it occurs, it can happen several times over the course of an hour). I always use Polar Tracking, but every now and then it switches off without apparent cause. I did wonder if it was because I was switching between drawings, but just now I was doing a few move operations in a row on the same drawing. First move was fine, and polar tracking was used. On the next move, it had switched off.

I know my mouse went nowhere near the icon, and my fingers weren't on the keyboard, so I couldn't have toggled using F10.  Is it an issue with the drawing? Or is there some gremlin periodically wandering through the office and playing silly wotsits with my settings?

Thanks!

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
steven-g
in reply to: stephenP66RM

The question is can you repeat the problem, when you did the 2 moves was that directly after each other or did you do other things in between, or think back to anything else that may cause the issue, do you use move with any of the drop down options from the command line, do you run any macros, or maybe cancel a certain command halfway through.

Message 3 of 5
stephenP66RM
in reply to: steven-g

Unfortunately, I have not been able to replicate the problem; if I could I suspect that I could find out what the problem was in the first place.

In the example I gave, it was one operation after the other, no cancelling.  With moves I usually select (use mouse to drag frame around objects), then right click and choose move.  I can't recall how I initiated the second move.  I would select the items (as before), and follow it with either right click, select move, OR press space.  I can't recall which I did.

Incidentally, since describing the problem earlier, the problem hasn't reoccurred. 

I fear this will remain a mystery, unless a forum user has encountered it before, and knows what caused it?

Message 4 of 5
pendean

One-off problems are not worth the effort expended to try and cure: when you an repeat it on demand then we can help you out.
Message 5 of 5
steven-g

Yeah you covered the 2 options F10 and icon that toggle it normally, so just keep it in mind for the next time it happens and see if you can find  a common theme to when it happens, it could be a windows problem or Autocad.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report