Community
AutoCAD LT Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD LT Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD LT topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Importing block attributes from external source

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
MrMuscl3
721 Views, 2 Replies

Importing block attributes from external source

Is it somehow possible to import block attributes from excel or some other source?

I'm planning on creating semi-automated title block updater system for individual projects. I know big companies use databases for this, but with my skills and my colleagues skills it would be hard. So, I'm limiting my plans to single excel file which acts as interface between projects dwg and excel files.

Excel would be the easiest for me if it is possible.

AutoCAD 2022
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
steven-g
in reply to: MrMuscl3

In LT there is no direct method to import from an Excel file, but there is the possibility to use information stored in Excel and use that as a script to either insert a block and fill in the attributes or run the attedit command as a script, but it's not as simple as ABC and would probably need a lot of testing and adaption, if you can post an excel file and dwg then someone may be able to point you in the right direction.

Message 3 of 3
Victoria.Studley
in reply to: MrMuscl3

Hi @MrMuscl3,

It looks like @steven-g provided a good answer to your question here. Did his explanation help clarify this for you?

If so, please click Accept as Solution on the posts that helped you so others in the community can find them easily.

Victoria Studley
Content Experience Designer - Fusion 360
Fusion 360 | Learn & Support
Documentation | Contact Support

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

Technology Administrators