Community
AutoCAD LT Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD LT Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD LT topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Imported Excel sheets cell grips are too big.

6 REPLIES 6
SOLVED
Message 1 of 7
marc.khalil
275 Views, 6 Replies

Imported Excel sheets cell grips are too big.

Hello,

Sometimes when I link an Excel schedule and I want to make any edit or select the table, I find the grips are too big and cover the table and surrounding drawing.

Here is a snapshot of how the table looks:

marckhalil_0-1696970115393.png

and here is another snapshot of what happens when I select one cell of the table:

marckhalil_1-1696970225701.png

Any idea what is happening and how to fix it? Thanks

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
pendean
in reply to: marc.khalil

How did you create the Excel Link please? Be very detailed so we can follow along.
and confirm your LT version with a screenshot of your ABOUT command pop-up when you get a chance.

And what is your GRIPSIZE right there?

I am unable to replicate the issue here so I'm wondering if I'm not following your exact method.
TIA
Message 3 of 7
marc.khalil
in reply to: pendean

I used the "Link Data" function to link to a specific range of cells in the .xlsx file.  Then I create a table and use the data link as an insert option

marckhalil_0-1696973222156.png

I'm using LT 2024.1

GRIPSIZE=5

Now I guess the problem is not with the grips themself, but it is with the orange border that appears when selecting a cell or the whole table. Here is a snapshot of normal table in another file that doesn't have this issue. The selection border has a reasonable size.

marckhalil_1-1696973503066.png

Message 4 of 7
pendean

@marc.khalil Thanks for the additional information plus new screenshots.

I'm not able to replicate the issue here in a handful of DWG files linking to a handful of different EXCEL files. But maybe others can so hang on, I tried a few settings that I can think off but nothing is having the effect you describe.

Message 5 of 7
marc.khalil

I apologize for late reply. Life got busy a bit. I'm attaching the file that i have the problem with. I couldn't attach the excel files due to company info and data. 

Message 6 of 7
pendean

@marc.khalil wrote:

I apologize for late reply. Life got busy a bit. I'm attaching the file that i have the problem with. I couldn't attach the excel files due to company info and data. 

Thanks for the file: I see what you mean quite clearly. May I ask, why your table is a ~1/30th scale of your text STYLE and TABLESTYLE settings in the file? Your "standard named" TABLE text is 2'-9.75" tall, your STYLE setting is 2'-9.75" tall, but your table text is 1" tall.

pendean_0-1697658192085.png

And by chance, are your other no-problem DWG files with Excel Tables in them also have those settings for STYLE and TABLSTYLE? I'm trying to replicate your issue in my own drawings.

Message 7 of 7
marc.khalil

Thanks for your hints. I spent some time investigating the file settings, and testing. Once I changed the table's text style to match the overall sheet, table start to look normal with no issue and I can finally see the cell text.

marckhalil_0-1697733084324.png

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

Technology Administrators